The Author's Prayer

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
Rayasaurus
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayasaurus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Re: The Author's Prayer

Post by Rayasaurus »

The author gave me a bit of a nudge to meditate more as I’ve been wanting to for years. So I would definitely say he’s helped me!
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

CinWin wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 13:22 The author said his deepest prayer in writing this book was to be of assistance to others. Did he achieve this, and in what way did he help you? For me, it gave me the knowledge that life is very synchronistic. What you need to learn will be provided, so quit stressing so much. How about you?
Unfortunately, I didn't take much away from this book. It didn't help me in my life at all. I found it all to be a bit bizarre and unbelievable.
Salma M
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-m.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Salma M »

I loved part two of the book.It was very amusing and satisfying to learn about meditation.Haight made me aware of a lot of other religious beliefs,some were inspiring and others were a little weird but overall i am currently doing my research on understanding other religions.I give credit to Haight for my new interest in other religions
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

I agree with him. He wrote the book in order to help others . His prayer was definitely answered in my opinion.
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

The author will be able to assist any reader who is open to the material provided and seeking positive changes in life. The author reminded me to stop giving power to the things that bother me. Once I stop focusing on negative distractions, they loose the power they once had over me.
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

Life In Books wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 05:34 Personally, I feel benefited from this book mainly in regards to two things. Firstly, I learnt that the mind has a lot of limitation so we should not be stressed about everything that the mind says. Secondly, I was quite intrigued and inspired by the concept of "Isness", which is described as the sheer presence of life without the attachment of any mortal identities to it like body or mind.
I too liked the term "Isness". It takes away some of the negative concepts some of us have suffered through by using the word "God".
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

CinWin wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 19:29
Life In Books wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 05:34 Personally, I feel benefited from this book mainly in regards to two things. Firstly, I learnt that the mind has a lot of limitation so we should not be stressed about everything that the mind says. Secondly, I was quite intrigued and inspired by the concept of "Isness", which is described as the sheer presence of life without the attachment of any mortal identities to it like body or mind.
I too liked the term "Isness". It takes away some of the negative concepts some of us have suffered through by using the word "God".
:) :)
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Jessacardinal wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 16:50 The author will be able to assist any reader who is open to the material provided and seeking positive changes in life. The author reminded me to stop giving power to the things that bother me. Once I stop focusing on negative distractions, they loose the power they once had over me.
I agree with you. What we think about most, persists. Who wants all those negative distractions hanging around all the time? Give your power to the positive aspects to your life, and they will be in the forefront of your life.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I learned to question why I feel negative some days. Was it a poor diet? Not enough sleep? Unresolved emotional baggage? I appreciate how his core beliefs were founded on questions because I don't think things in life should be taken at face value all the time. Taking a look on the inside and trying to figure out why you are reacting to certain things can tell you a lot about yourself.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

CinWin wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 13:22 The author said his deepest prayer in writing this book was to be of assistance to others. Did he achieve this, and in what way did he help you? For me, it gave me the knowledge that life is very synchronistic. What you need to learn will be provided, so quit stressing so much. How about you?
This book really helped me. It was nice learning the experience of one's spiritual journey. He really motivated me and gave me a true picture of what it means to be hungrily purpose driven.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
sirvictor30
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sirvictor30 »

your view of life is difference with other. i think you are viewing life in a angle of your comfort. what about others? it is not easy for them. always think of others first.
the author is thinking about people, their life and hopes
vishu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by vishu »

The thing this book encouraged me for is to go on some journeys myself.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The author writes to explain the relationship between healthy eating behavior and the quality of soil. It helped me to see how interconnected some things are. The author also touched on all aspects of human life that includes nutrition and not only religion. Physical exercise was also included.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Chikari wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 15:09 The author definitely helped motivate me to meditate and focus on the now a bit more. I found his methods to be well explained. I enjoyed reading it and plan on re reading it soon.
This really is one of those books that you can re-read and get even more out of it the second time. Good idea!
Roxanne Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxanne-thomas.html
Latest Review: Toward Happier Choices by Michael Oborn

Post by Roxanne Thomas »

I believe that the author's prayer has been answered. His aim for writing the book was to help others and he has definitely succeeded in helping others. Great book.

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”