The Author's Prayer

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

The Author's Prayer

Post by CinWin »

The author said his deepest prayer in writing this book was to be of assistance to others. Did he achieve this, and in what way did he help you? For me, it gave me the knowledge that life is very synchronistic. What you need to learn will be provided, so quit stressing so much. How about you?
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Chikari
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Talking Baobab Tree by Nelda LaTeef
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari »

The author definitely helped motivate me to meditate and focus on the now a bit more. I found his methods to be well explained. I enjoyed reading it and plan on re reading it soon.
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

Good thought! Yes, the author's central mission is to help people live a happier and healthier life by understanding the roles of the body, soul, and mind through our supreme being, Christ.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

Yes, I definitely think the author achieves his goal of assisting others. Reading this book motivated me to think about my own life and actions. Books like these encourages one to live in the moment and stop stressing over future, which is not guaranteed anyways.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

I think the author completed his goal of helping others. His book will inspire many and it may even change the lives of some of its readers. The content is new, exciting, and is just what some people need to take their spiritual evolution in the right direction. Personally, I want to achieve enlightenment in this lifetime and I have been reading many meditative texts, as well as practicing mindfulness meditation. I became a Catholic a few years ago because I felt like it was my calling. Like the author, I experienced several religious experiences including dreams. So, this book helped me get a better understanding of my spiritual life.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I am sure that the prayer was answered and it will continue to be answered as long as they are people who will read this book and also others will continue transferring the information they have gained to others.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

The author somehow inculcated in me that meditation is crucial in achieving peace. I never really tried meditating since my attention span is that of a goldfish. But now, I think I might try it.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
nooregano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nooregano.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Dirtbag waitress by Alice Auditore

Post by nooregano »

What a kind, motivating prayer! If so many people are thinking and talking about this thought, then it seems as though he has achieved his goal to be of assistance to others.
"I speak only one language, and it is not my own." - Jacques Derrida
PGreen
Currently Reading: Beneath the Muscle
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pgreen.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by PGreen »

I think the author's prayer is answered through this book. I like your idea that what we need to learn will be provided. Haight went through many experiences searching hard for answers, even to the extent of psychotropics and traveling to the Amazon to study another culture. Maybe the answers could have been found much more simply.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I think my biggest help was that it grounded me further into my relationship with God. Looking at all the outward things we do to get in touch with God really aren’t necessary when we understand the unconditional love that exists between Creator and creation. When I found myself disagreeing with him, it led me to look at why I believe what I do. I think to take personal inventory like that is necessary, and this book helped me do that.
Everything happens for a reason...
Kristin Ransome
Currently Reading: Way of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefawkes.html
Latest Review: The Augur's View by Victoria Lehrer

Post by Kristin Ransome »

I am personally not a very religious person, but this book did give me a sense that there is more to life than what we can see, so we should be open to new ideas. I also now think that believing in something (it could be yourself) is the biggest step to attaining your goals.
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

PGreen wrote: 03 Mar 2019, 10:56 I think the author's prayer is answered through this book. I like your idea that what we need to learn will be provided. Haight went through many experiences searching hard for answers, even to the extent of psychotropics and traveling to the Amazon to study another culture. Maybe the answers could have been found much more simply.
I agree with you that the answers could have been found much more simply than going into the Amazon. I've always believed that immersing yourself with tribes could endanger both parties. Thankfully, his adventure was fruitful enough.
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

Firefawkes wrote: 03 Mar 2019, 12:41 I am personally not a very religious person, but this book did give me a sense that there is more to life than what we can see, so we should be open to new ideas. I also now think that believing in something (it could be yourself) is the biggest step to attaining your goals.
I agree. Motivation and belief could really take you far. I never considered that before I've read the author's book. :techie-studyingbrown:
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

briellejee wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 22:25 The author somehow inculcated in me that meditation is crucial in achieving peace. I never really tried meditating since my attention span is that of a goldfish. But now, I think I might try it.
The attention of a goldfish.. :D :D :D This sounds very familiar. There are some teachings that I may intake from this book but I guess some such as meditation won't work.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

Ekta Kumari wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 16:24 Yes, I definitely think the author achieves his goal of assisting others. Reading this book motivated me to think about my own life and actions. Books like these encourages one to live in the moment and stop stressing over future, which is not guaranteed anyways.
I agree with you totally, Ekta! Self-awareness, the power of Now, and stop stressing is key to life. Ah...but how to do that is a whole lifetime's work. :roll:
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”