What do you think about his Dreams and visions?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Re: What do you think about his Dreams and visions?

Post by Samy Lax »

I feel that God sees us all as equals and expects every one of us to repent and get on the path to salvation. God's voice speaks in all of us. We just need to be quiet enough internally to be able to listen to that voice.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

pricklypurple wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 19:31
aolayide wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 13:34 Do you think the author would still have those dreams even if he was not born again?

When he was on the brink of suicide, he heard a voice telling him to change the way he lives his life and to think positively. Also, he was saved when he was about to get mugged. Would you say he is special? Maybe the reason why Jesus does not want anything to happen to him is that he wants him to find the essence of his teachings and give it back to the world.

What do you think? Share your thoughts.
I don't think the author is particularly special. I also don't think it matters that he was born again. I think we all see and hear what we want to.
Totally agree on this one. His visions don't make him special.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

sush_destiny wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 16:29 He is referring to every person having this inner voice which tells us right from wrong. So, his dreams were just his own subconscious telling him what he want able to perceive in his conscious.
I like how you put it this way that his dreams are just a product of things he isn't capable of doing or thinking while awake. :eusa-think:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Sarah Penney
Favorite Author: Tom Clancy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-penney.html
Latest Review: The Immigrant's Lament by Mois benarroch
fav_author_id: 7289

Post by Sarah Penney »

aolayide wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 13:34 Do you think the author would still have those dreams even if he was not born again?

When he was on the brink of suicide, he heard a voice telling him to change the way he lives his life and to think positively. Also, he was saved when he was about to get mugged. Would you say he is special? Maybe the reason why Jesus does not want anything to happen to him is that he wants him to find the essence of his teachings and give it back to the world.

What do you think? Share your thoughts.
I do think the author would have those dreams regardless as even if he was not born again, that doesn’t stop God’s plan for him. As for whether or not he is special, I suppose in the very indualistic sense yes, but how he becomes aware of his spirituality doesn’t actually make for a deeper understanding of it. That deeper understanding must come later. And spreading the word of God is supposed to be the plan for all Christians, so there’s a definite chance that that is one of the motivations.
"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." -Abraham Lincoln
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

I think Divine visions are given indiscriminately, if not for the sake of the recipient it is for the sake of others in his or her sphere of influence. There is a Pharaoh in the past who got a vision, and thanks to accurate interpretation, a whole generation was saved from starvation due to famine. The Pharaoh was not godly, perhaps being considered by society a god.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Samy Lax wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 22:46 I feel that God sees us all as equals and expects every one of us to repent and get on the path to salvation. God's voice speaks in all of us. We just need to be quiet enough internally to be able to listen to that voice.
God indeed created all and He is always speaking. It depends with the individual whether they will hear and act or not. The author's mission hanged on whether he was going to make a turn around or continue heading his way.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Visions and dreams are hard to interpret. I'm surprised he is so sure of himself.
saimi_v
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saimi-v.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by saimi_v »

Well, everybody have dreams and sometimes feels like so real like a visions. I know they are people that really believe in it, but I don't. I believe in good energy around everyone and everything. We can spread our energy in others and do a change live action for god.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It is a great thing to see that indeed the visions and dreams of the author are what drove every other theme in the book. I am still wondering whether some of the visions will come to pass or not. One thing that I cannot doubt is that he had visions indeed.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Personally, I think we all get messages. Sure, being in extreme experiences like on the brink of death can make us much more open to these signs and make changes. A lot of people that survive near-death experience make drastic changes or get some kind of new spiritual approach. But I believe, in one way or another and, perhaps, in not such a clear way we are all constantly receiving guidance and messages from God. What I think makes the author different and special in a way is that he took this very seriously and devoted his life to spirituality. I also believe we can all learn to be more tuned in with these signs and messages.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I wonder if they all occurred while being under the influence of something.
Chelsea N. Hackett
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by IamShing »

In my opinion, Jesus saved him as he saves all of us to finish his tasks on earth. Suicide is not the solution, living is. The answers he seek will be soon be found as long as he lives. And, God wanted him tk realize that.
maritzaalston
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maritzaalston.html
Latest Review: A Roadmap To Career Success by John G Bendt

Post by maritzaalston »

I believe that dreams and visions can be experienced naturally. In his case when he traveled, part of the holistic experience was to do and take the extra concoction. This is not the first time I had read of this happening so it didn't bother me at all.
danielleamy
Favorite Book: The Handmaid's Tale
Currently Reading: OUT
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleamy.html
Latest Review: Nocturnal by Tim W BYrd
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by danielleamy »

srividyag1 wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 09:06
Ekta Kumari wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 17:24 I wouldn't think he is special from the instance where he hears and believes in his inner voice. I think all of us have intuition and a voice inside guiding us towards our right direction. It is just about listening and believing in it. If you really start to believe in something, you'll develop a mindset for it. I think positive thoughts do have power over our actions and direction of life.
I believe that our subconscious tries to save us whenever we do self-sabotage or are spiralling down. The visions and dreams can be our subconscious trying to warn us or show us the way out.
I agree, the study of dreams and visions is so interesting. There is still so much we don't know about the brain and its capabilities
All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen - Matilda, Roald Dahl
[uhad]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by [uhad] »

I think that every soul has its mission to complete in this lifetime. Suicide would have cut his mission short, so divine intervention was necessary. I believe Jesus saved him.

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”