Overall rating and opinion of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
lisalynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisalynn.html
Latest Review: Sex on every Paige by Graham Spaid

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight

Post by lisalynn »

Everyone's individual spiritual journey is different. That's why there are so many disparate opinions of this book. What one person can relate to is totally different from what resonates for the next person. Take what speaks to you and incorporate it into your life. For the things that don't seem to fit, don't worry about it.
BrittaniDJ
Currently Reading: The Heart Has Its Reasons
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittanidj.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by BrittaniDJ »

I found so many helpful life wisdom tips in this book. Some of them were: 1.the goal of a relationship is not whether or not the other person's perspective changes; the goal is to soften the self content and our positions."
2.begin to see the mind through observation.
3.do you really want to know the truth? Then you must be honest, keep an open mind, and keep searching.
I gave this book a 4out of 4 in my review.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I gave this book 4 stars. It is a very positive book, providing guides to a better self. There may be some parts that went against my beliefs but I saw his point and I know the author meant well. A reader should have an open mind to really appreciate this book. Regardless of readers' religion, race or gender, this book discusses universal topics that is applicable to all.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

I just finished reading this book and I am going to give it a perfect score of 4! It really made me reminisce on life generally.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

I have rated The Unbound Soul a 4 out of 4 stars. The book was professionally edited. The author has explained how to meditate, the importance of exercise, food, and prayer. This book may not be for everyone, however, you may find information that can bring changes in your life. I loved that there was so much to take away from the book and reflect in our life.
Brandy C
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Witches
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-c.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Brandy C »

I downloaded this book because it was book of the month. This is not my usual genre and I've struggled reading it. Overall I would give it a 3 out of 4 stars. Parts of the book were hard for me to grasp. The first part of the book took me rereading it twice to fully understand. I did like his reasonings about the mind deceiving you. I also took to heart his teachings on leading a healthier simple life. I did see the humor in the book and it was very inspiring. However, this is not the book for me. I would recommend to fans of this genre or self-help fans.
”You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view..Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it” Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird
Annie_Pea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annie-pea.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Annie_Pea »

The book was written to inform, and that is what Haight accomplished. If someone needed some spiritual uplifting, then they would need to find the part of the book that fits what they are looking for and flow with it. I like the way Haight tells of his coming of age in the beginning and why it seemed that he tried so many different meditations to exact the right feel for him.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I really liked the book. There were a lot of characters, but he introduced them slowly and was very descriptive, so it was easy to keep them straight. Also, because he introduced each chapter with a person's name, it helped to learn the characters and helped with the flow of the story, in my mind. I would definitely recommend it to others.
ReneeBrown
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reneelu1998.html
Latest Review: the brave and the wicked by Brandon clarke
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ReneeBrown »

I am enjoying the book so far. If it wasn't the book of the month, I don't think I would have normally read something like this. I am a very spiritual person so the ideas and topics that are brought up are familiar, but a little different; different enough to make me think in a different way.
Sekhmet September
Favorite Author: Tanith Lee
Currently Reading: Stranded In The Wild
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sekhmet-september.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
fav_author_id: 10199

Post by Sekhmet September »

This sounds like an interesting read. More often when choosing a book like this one I would look for something a little different, however, I think I will at least read the sample to see what it's about. Thank you for the review!
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
Hebrews 11 1 NIV
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I haven't read this book yet, but it is an area that I am interested in and is on my to read list. I wanted to get a feel for what people thought of it. There seems to be a wide range of opinion.
InStoree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

I rate it with a perfect score. I loved how Richard Haight synthesized the vast ladder of unveiling our soul in practical and strong methods that we can use in our daily routine. His style of choosing his words carefully helped me to clarify a few spiritual aspects.
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
jahagen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jahagen.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by jahagen »

I think this book provides a lot of insight as well as numerous helpful ideas that would be beneficial in everyday life, even for those who aren't necessarily seeking enlightenment. I did think it was difficult to get through some of it because of Haight's writing style - at some times it was almost overly wordy in an attempt to sound more philosophical. But I did really like the mixture of personal anecdotes and instruction, as it made the content a bit lighter and easier to grasp.
Hayley2-0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hayley2-0.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Hayley2-0 »

From all the reviews that I've read about it, my rating is 3. What I like most about it is the author's determination to achieve his goal.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I always like to see authors telling their own story, and with the little bit of added humour this book quickly hooked me. Providing small exercises, a thought provoking message and really good editing, I'd give this book 3/4. Was it my favourite book? No, but for something outside of my preferred genre, I really enjoyed it.

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”