What's your favorite funny part of the book?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
NicholsC97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholsc97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

What's your favorite funny part of the book?

Post by NicholsC97 »

I'm kind of curious what everyone's replies will be.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

The part that sounded funny to me was when he mentioned Hana, the goat in one of his martial arts place of practice. He said she doesn't eat anything, but selects what she eats that nourishes her body. Wow! It sounded funny when he compared her to other goats, and all the more funny when I compared her to the goats in my previous residence that eat anything, toothpaste pack, papers, even slippers. LOL. ๐Ÿ˜‚
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 958
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

Once, the author had escaped unscathed by muggers without raising a single finger. His friends even refused to believe him. I found it quite amusing in a jaded kind of way. Also, when I imagine the muggers face, I can't help but find it funny.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 958
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

NuelUkah wrote: โ†‘30 Mar 2019, 15:26 The part that sounded funny to me was when he mentioned Hana, the goat in one of his martial arts place of practice. He said she doesn't eat anything, but selects what she eats that nourishes her body. Wow! It sounded funny when he compared her to other goats, and all the more funny when I compared her to the goats in my previous residence that eat anything, toothpaste pack, papers, even slippers. LOL. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Yup, it was funny. I like the way the author uses to example to show that everyone should eat according to their body's wants.
NicholsC97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholsc97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by NicholsC97 »

I agree 100% with the goat one! It reminded me of the goats my aunt use to have on her farm and I caught myself thinking how different they were. Those sucks ate anything they could get ahold of that they weren't suppose to eat! It use to frustrate my aunt like crazy, so of course I found it hilarious.
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

The part where he saved himself from being mugged. It was amusing how he turned such a dangerous situation into something that must have been unexpected for the muggers.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I loved in the beginning when he mentioned that he was "invited" to attend a religious study and that he and all the other kids thought they would go to hell if they didn't attend. His writing is full of wit.
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

That goat story was hilarious. One of the reasons I enjoy the book was because of his sense of humor.
colorsparkle
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colorsparkle.html
Latest Review: The Land of Sunshine and Hell by Maxene Raices

Post by colorsparkle »

Bluebird03 wrote: โ†‘22 Apr 2019, 14:12 I loved in the beginning when he mentioned that he was "invited" to attend a religious study and that he and all the other kids thought they would go to hell if they didn't attend. His writing is full of wit.
Great author! I love this part too, and thereโ€™s so many other great little tidbits.
kelly60
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Big Things Have Small Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 1413
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by kelly60 »

I was also amused by the part about the goat, knowing from experience that most goats will eat anything and everything in sight.
โ€œIf you donโ€™t like to read, you havenโ€™t found the right book.โ€ โ€“ J.K. Rowling

โ€œIn the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you.โ€ โ€“ Mortimer J. Adler
Helena91
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helena91.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Helena91 »

The goat part is very relatable and hilarious. If you have ever own or keep goats, you will know they can eat just about any food...lol
Uinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uinto.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Uinto »

Finding the bones of jesus was quite amusing. And the strange part is that he didn't illustrate how this had any bearing at all in the overall result of his conversion to the new belief system.

Return to โ€œDiscuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haightโ€