Romance Genre Help

For February 2019, we'll be reading romance books.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Romance Genre Help

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Here's a place where we can help each other decide what to read for this month's romance genre discussion. :library:

There are several subgenres of romance, including:
  • Adult Romance
  • Young Adult Romance
  • New Adult Romance
  • Contemporary Romance
  • Erotic Romance
  • Historical Romance
  • Paranormal Romance
  • LGBTQ Romance
...and so much!

For some Goodreads ideas, click on one of the links:
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/romance-genre
https://www.goodreads.com/genres/romance
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/397 ... nce_Series
https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/lgbt

Don't forget to check OBC's Romance and Erotic forum to get ideas, too! Romance and Erotic Books

Is there a romance-based book that you are considering to read this month? Are you looking for recommendations or have recommendations for others?
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Ak1412
Currently Reading: Reawakened
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak1412.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Ak1412 »

I'm currently reading Reawakened and will update with whether or not that is a good romance after I finish. Until then does anyone have any suggestions for me to read next? I'm open to pretty much anything.
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

I'm going to try to pick up "The Hating Game" by Sally Thorne and/or "The Kiss Quotient" by Helen Hoang this month!
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: into the willd
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

A couple of light, cute romances I have read recently are "The Rosie Project" by Graeme Simsion and "Nine Women, One Dress" by Jane L. Rosen. "The Rosie Project" deals with a man with Asperger's syndrome, and his very scientific and logical way of finding himself a mate, which of course he learns is not the right way to find love. "Nine Women, One Dress" has a "Love Actually" type of feel, with a bunch of unrelated women all woven together in a cute story. Both of them are lighthearted with a good amount of humor.

For my latest review book for OBC, I read "Looking Glass Friends" by E. L. Neve. It was a more serious book in which a couple of literary and philosophy buffs fall in love over email, despite both being in unhappy marriages of their own. I really enjoyed the book. The character development was great and the story was very thought provoking.

Another more serious one is "The Lost Wife" by Alyson Richman, which is about a young couple that was separated by the events of WWII shortly after their marriage. Obviously has a lot of heartbreaking elements, as do all WWII books, but had a great love story.

And then of course there's the ultimate love story of all time, "Pride and Prejudice."

Return to “February 2019 Genre Discussion”