Unforgettable scene

Use this forum to discuss the February 2019 Book of the month, "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-mon28.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Re: Unforgettable scene

Post by ma_mon28 »

Nerea wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 21:06 Safiya's case frightened me. And this brought to my attention that as a woman, as much as i want to help strangers who need help, I shouldn't do it myself, rather, I should call the authorities or a group of people to accompany me and provide the needed help to the ailing stranger.
That terrible scene as well reminds me when extending your hands to strangers; calling the authorities is the best thing to do for my safety, too. It reminds me of being kind to strangers, but also be as shrewd as snake.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Antonio Barrella wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 14:13 My favourite scene was the cultural show of the aboriginal traditions. They have a nice culture and are proud of it.
Nice observation! Even how far Jacko's destination, he always cling to where he belongs. It's the initiation of Jamie's belongingness to the warramunga's brothers.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

ma_mon28 wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 07:30
NuelUkah wrote: 15 Feb 2019, 15:45
ma_mon28 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 19:10 :tiphat: The book had plenty of scenes such us, scary, party, romance, chasing criminals and planning.

What scene did Greg made an amazing thrills?

Some scenes even makes your heart pounding so fast.
Secondly, will make you smile by the romantic twist.
Lastly, will make you tense.
I think Greg made amazing thrills in the criminal chase. I got somewhat tensed when the spies are in action as I began to imagine what could happen if their cover got blown. The humour was a good feel to ease the rising tension.
I feel your tension, I even said, "ohhhh, hurry up, hurry up, but knowing the fact I'm just reading. :lol:
Hahaha... Exactly. :D
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

For me, following the apies and the high risk their job entails always got my pulse racing.
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Post by mmm17 »

I just loved the scene where Jacko and Monique were strolling arm in arm along the west bank of the Nile on a starlit evening. So romantic!
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 23 Feb 2019, 07:44 For me, following the apies and the high risk their job entails always got my pulse racing.
You're not alone on that kind of feeling! I'm relaxed when the scenes about parties, picnics and meeting their team. It looks like we are there looking at them.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

mmm17 wrote: 24 Feb 2019, 15:03 I just loved the scene where Jacko and Monique were strolling arm in arm along the west bank of the Nile on a starlit evening. So romantic!
Yah! That story seems so relaxing the fact that their facing war. Love is not hindered by any kind of distraction; it always wins.
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

The unforgettable part of the book for me is the Christmas scene where everyone had a very needed break and respite. The team enjoyed themselves and felt at peace somewhat even in the midst of war.
Macanthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macanthony.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Macanthony »

I like the scene where jacko and monique were walking together so romantic plus i love the spy scene
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

It was funny how Jamie could only see Sarah's smile due to her 'disguise', right before she helped with the risky rescue mission at the remote caves.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Radiant3 »

When Yvette sneaked into the houseboat of the Germans to get the information from the code book.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

abbiejoice wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 01:42 The unforgettable part of the book for me is the Christmas scene where everyone had a very needed break and respite. The team enjoyed themselves and felt at peace somewhat even in the midst of war.
I love that scene, too. Happiness can't be hindered by the dreadful war. I love to imagined the author's description on that scene. What a huge house it must be.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Radiant3 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 11:27 When Yvette sneaked into the houseboat of the Germans to get the information from the code book.
Ahhh... that scene stunned me. Somewhat an intense part edpecially when the team can't find her. I thought, the Germans killed her or make her as a hostage.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

KitabuKizuri wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 03:24 It was funny how Jamie could only see Sarah's smile due to her 'disguise', right before she helped with the risky rescue mission at the remote caves.
Yeah, I can relate on that part. I'm scared seeing a tshirt seems to be flying in the air. I never noticed a black man wearing on it, but he smile at me. Those white teeth makes me really laugh. Like that on Jamie's action toward Sarah.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Macanthony wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 09:50 I like the scene where jacko and monique were walking together so romantic plus i love the spy scene
Their love story were a twist to make the reader calm down from the intense part of the book.

Return to “Discuss "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater”