Jacko's roots

Use this forum to discuss the February 2019 Book of the month, "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Re: Jacko's roots

Post by mamilla93 »

Jacko's aboriginal roots was a big reason for the success in the war, because that helped him form good relationships with the locals.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-mon28.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by ma_mon28 »

CinWin wrote: 23 Feb 2019, 14:42 I think the author added Jacko's character in order to make the book have more depth and a touch of humor. Although Jamie is the protagonist, Jacko definintly takes a lead role in my opinion.
I'm still confused who is the main character, after all, ether Jacko or Jamie or maybe both. I guess, the next series tells a lot.
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

The team may still have been able to achieve its goal without Jacko. But the story could have been very different. Jacko has helped a lot in contributing to the team's goal.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

abbiejoice wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 01:38 The team may still have been able to achieve its goal without Jacko. But the story could have been very different. Jacko has helped a lot in contributing to the team's goal.
I somewhat agree that the story would have taken a major twist if Jacko wasn't there. He seems to be the center or the glue that connects everyone and every event.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Shilpa Paul
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Revolution
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilpa-paul.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Shilpa Paul »

Jacko definitely played a very important part with his aboriginal skills. Because of his ability to blend into his surroundings he was the one who followed and monitored the activities of the agents like a shadow.
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Post by mmm17 »

I totally agree that Jacko's roots made him such a skilled spy and an even more interesting character. I definitely fell in love with him! :oops:
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Radiant3 »

His roots played a crucial role in their success. Even from the beginning when Jacko saved Jamie, Jacko gives credit to his great sense of direction which he got from being half Warramunga.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

abbiejoice wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 01:38 The team may still have been able to achieve its goal without Jacko. But the story could have been very different. Jacko has helped a lot in contributing to the team's goal.
Agreed! Since he is the best asset of the team. Their collaboration of ideas will also work, well it was just a remains "what if."
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Radiant3 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 12:01 His roots played a crucial role in their success. Even from the beginning when Jacko saved Jamie, Jacko gives credit to his great sense of direction which he got from being half Warramunga.
Yeah, hearing that from Jacko, I thought, the beginning of warramungas war started on this part, but i'm wrong. It's not all about the typical war I see on movies like "hacksaw ridge." It's educational as well for the generation whose not yet born during that time. Meanwhile, "warramunga's" helped the war.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Shilpa Paul wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 23:39 Jacko definitely played a very important part with his aboriginal skills. Because of his ability to blend into his surroundings he was the one who followed and monitored the activities of the agents like a shadow.
That's why Jacko's race became the highlights of the story. I never heard of warramunga until reading this book.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

mmm17 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 11:57 I totally agree that Jacko's roots made him such a skilled spy and an even more interesting character. I definitely fell in love with him! :oops:
Yeah, his character adds to my collection of diverse characters.
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

Radiant3 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 12:01 His roots played a crucial role in their success. Even from the beginning when Jacko saved Jamie, Jacko gives credit to his great sense of direction which he got from being half Warramunga.
That part of saving Jamie also showed that Jacko is an interesting character with natural skills and abilities. :techie-studyingbrown:
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

mmm17 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 11:57 I totally agree that Jacko's roots made him such a skilled spy and an even more interesting character. I definitely fell in love with him! :oops:
Combined it with his humor, I do think readers will find him irresistible as a character. :techie-studyingbrown: :wink2:
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

Shilpa Paul wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 23:39 Jacko definitely played a very important part with his aboriginal skills. Because of his ability to blend into his surroundings he was the one who followed and monitored the activities of the agents like a shadow.
It seems like his ability to camouflage and conceal his presence are the main point people like about Jacko. :eusa-think: Well, no surprises there. He really is a naturally-talented bloke. :techie-studyingbrown:
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Radiant3 »

briellejee wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 02:54
That part of saving Jamie also showed that Jacko is an interesting character with natural skills and abilities. :techie-studyingbrown:
Definitely, he's also very intelligent :) .

Return to “Discuss "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater”