Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Post by lesler »

I think cancer is curable, but that cure is not going to be made available to the public for a very long time, because alleviating the effects of cancer is a profitable business.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

DC Brown wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 12:14 From what the writer said, I believe that integrated therapies are best. I do agree that using anything that works is good, yet did these extracts really *cure* cancer? The people she talked of had to take the supplements for the rest of their lives and got very sick without them. To me, that is obviously not a cure. So, on the other hand, let's not get taken in with snake oil.
It's very sad that there is no quick and permanent treatment of this chronic disease yet. :( I am a bit confused about why the author coined the term of integrative medicine. Perhaps it's because often people use this term as the synonym of alternative medicine as well. Like Miss Silvie, science wasn't my subject of interest as well. But she is lucky for having both her father and mother scientists. She has inherited some knowledge from them this way. What I knew about integrative medicine was that integrative medicine is distinct from alternative medicine. I don't know if I'm still right to say this or not.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

raqstar1 wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 16:47 I would definitely lean to the holistic side of the spectrum. The planet has everything necessary to keep us healthy. We just need to be able to access it and find the knowledge needed to use it correctly.
I concur with you on this
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Sweet Psamy wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 07:57 I think it's curable. I favor the non-toxic and natural cure.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. ☺
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Alicia09 wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 21:02 I think that Sylvie outlined some major points surrounding cancer including various forms of treatments, as well as the main causes. After reading about how effective the natural treatments were, and the main things that can lead to cancer, I do believe that cancer is curable. Working through emotionally traumatic events in a positive way can help avoid the development of cancer. Avoiding toxic foods and substances from entering the body can also help prevent cancer. I have experienced the effects of traumatic events and toxic pharmaceutical drugs, so I am strongly in favor of natural remedies. If I had cancer, I would try the natural remedies first.
I am also having this point in my mind right from the start of the discussion on this topic. Avoiding toxic foods definitely can help in preventing cancer. I think daily a cup of green tea would also help in prevention.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

C-Extra22 wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 13:11 Yes it is curable if we adopt integrative medicine. Maybe with natural supplements.
Thanks for your opinion. I am really curious to know about people's believes regarding medicine.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Mindi wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 14:57 Different methods can be used. I think modern or natural remedies can produce results. I feel like more emphasis needs to be put on natural methods than there is, though. I feel like these methods are pushed into the background and covered up in order to promote new medicines.
Your vote in favor of natural treatment is counted. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

lesler wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 12:53 I think cancer is curable, but that cure is not going to be made available to the public for a very long time, because alleviating the effects of cancer is a profitable business.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

You can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to treat cancer. My family has done this. Everyone in my family who was battling cancer lost their battles. Some after just a few weeks, some after several grueling years. I don't think there's a cure-all for cancer. It's so widely varied and it comes in so many different forms. It affects every person differently. My hope is that, some day, every type of cancer has a matching remedy. I respect the work of scientists and naturalists who are working to find treatments. I hope that these treatments are made affordable and widely-available. The bottom line for now, though, is that if cancer wants you, cancer is going to take you.
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

amybo82 wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 15:45 You can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to treat cancer. My family has done this. Everyone in my family who was battling cancer lost their battles. Some after just a few weeks, some after several grueling years. I don't think there's a cure-all for cancer. It's so widely varied and it comes in so many different forms. It affects every person differently. My hope is that, some day, every type of cancer has a matching remedy. I respect the work of scientists and naturalists who are working to find treatments. I hope that these treatments are made affordable and widely-available. The bottom line for now, though, is that if cancer wants you, cancer is going to take you.
This is a very wholesome perspective for someone who has lost family members to cancers. I do agree with you. There is no cure-all for cancer since it has different types and some can be found too late. I just hope too that if there is a cure, it should be known and available for everyone. :tiphat:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
AndrewZachariah
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrewzachariah.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by AndrewZachariah »

After reading this book I can't say for certain that I think cancer is curable; however, I think the method Sylvie is proposing has the ability to prevent cancer, something current, Western medicine has not discussed. I also think Sylvie's method is far superior in treating cancer, and will go far in helping to stimulate more research and discussing in and about the field on integrative medicine. I would be very interested in seeing if this method is beneficial to children living with severe cancers. Often, cancers present in children are some of the most severe forms currently known, and while testing has only occurred on adults so far, I think Sylvie's supplements and methods have the potential to completely change the lives of children in hospitals world wide. I think of this path Sylvie discusses as similar to the fight to legalize marijuana. CBD oil was proven time and again to be beneficial for dozens of illnesses. It doesn't cure anything, but it helps better than some of the best Western pharmaceuticals on the market. I think Sylvie's medication and method fits the same description.
"The most technologically efficient machine that man has ever invented is the book."-Northrop Frye
TJanowski23
Currently Reading: Winning the battle against sin
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjanowski23.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by TJanowski23 »

Don Pwai wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 11:52 Cancer is curable. There are several methods to be used in treatment of cancer other than medicinal prescription.
I couldn't agree more. Sylvie Beljanski is not the first person to write about a natural cancer cure. I think that this suggests tho that to treat illnesses such as these multiple tactics need to be employed.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I think this book not only highlights the wonderful work of her father, but the author has exposed the dirty underground of the political system, big pharma, and how the consumers suffer as natural remedies to cancer are stifled. The reason for this is in the name of money, and what I thought was so interesting is that where the money goes, the companies follow. So, if those of us who would like to see natural alternative medicine be the norm, then our money must be spent on those products and those companies supported. I don't know how else we are going to win that 'war'. What I don't understand is why we can't see a nice blend of traditional medicine with what the author's father had discovered. It was shown that even with someone undergoing chemo, if he or she took his extracts, the recovery was better and less damage to the body was done. I think we are up against a deeply rooted system that wants to keep the money rolling in at the expense of the sick. And, the only way around this would be to change the flow of money. I have an insurance plan that absolutely will not cover any natural medicine. It will be all out of pocket, and my premium payment each month is over $400. So, the average person is going to just not seek out alternatives due to added expense. It all comes down to money.
Everything happens for a reason...
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

Ayat paarsa wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 12:32
Cara Van Heerden wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 11:22
Bavithra M wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 00:46 In my opinion there is an solution for all problems and all diseases. Modern medicines has created cancer to be a big taboo and non curable just to make money. Cancer has become a taboo only in the past 10 years before that no one had cancer or very less people only had cancer. According to me cancer is curable but the modern medicinal mafia has purposely not revealed the medicines to cure cancer just to make money.
Greed is a scary thing. I wouldn't put it passed money hungry CEO's to withold life saving methods just for profit. They can make more money by slowly introducing the right methods than by just giving the solution and having everyone copy them, lowering the price.
Yup, you're right. I salute the author to pursue a not for profit foundation in this era of selfishness.
After reading the book, I was very much interested and wanted to follow up. I was surprised that you don't buy the extracts from the author's website. You have to leave the author's non-profit website to reach the actual extracts/pills. They are being sold by a different entity. I assume with that being the case perhaps profit is being made.
nomnombooks
Currently Reading: Die Uhr, die nicht tickt
Bookshelf Size: 491
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomnombooks.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by nomnombooks »

In my opinion cancer is curable but not with the natural methods the author describes. I do not think alternative medicine is already as far evolved that it can take the place of classic school medicine in severe cases like cancer.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”