Cancer Survivors

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Cancer Survivors

Post by sarahmarlowe »

I am curious as to how cancer survivors react to this book. Do you feel like you are learning good information for health maintenance? Do you feel slighted because you would have liked to have known this information earlier? Do you feel attacked for sticking with mainstream treatments?
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

I'm not a cancer survivor, but I am a family of one who did. And I speak for her when I say that the battle is still not won since there is still a chance it might come back. But this book is helpful as to stay healthy and that using these traditional alternatives is actually effective.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Jdalba2018
Currently Reading: A Trace of Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 754
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdalba2018.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Jdalba2018 »

My father died as a result of badly treated cancer at the age of 68, in fact, I think he would be celebrating his 82nd birthday this wednesday if only he wouldn't have gone through quimotherapy and all the things they did to him.
I would definitely liked to have more information on alternative methods for treating cancer back then.
I know the question was for survivors but couldn't help expressing my point of view.

BRGDS
Bavithra M
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-m.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bavithra M »

Cancer survivors will really feel elated after reading this book. They will find this book very informative.
---
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

Jdalba2018 wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 00:42 My father died as a result of badly treated cancer at the age of 68, in fact, I think he would be celebrating his 82nd birthday this wednesday if only he wouldn't have gone through quimotherapy and all the things they did to him.
I would definitely liked to have more information on alternative methods for treating cancer back then.
I know the question was for survivors but couldn't help expressing my point of view.

BRGDS
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is indeed painful knowing we could have done something else.
cvetelina_yovcheva87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cvetelina-yovcheva87.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by cvetelina_yovcheva87 »

I have lost two family members in the war with cancer. The topic is extremely important to me but, at the same time, it is quite sad.
kislany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I've read this book and reviewed it, and I think yeah, cancer survivors will get something out of it. People, don't forget, there are currently over 300 cancer treatments available today that do not rely on the cut, burn and poison that the Western medicine uses even today. For example, for breat cancer we have the iodine therapy. For lung stuff (and even pneumonia, and anything related to coughing, pulmonary issues, we have the orthomolecular medicine. We also have the Gerson therapy...so many things to try before giving up.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Yeah, this book will help researchers, oncologists, knowledge seekers and of course to other cancer survivors as well.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

kislany wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 02:09 I've read this book and reviewed it, and I think yeah, cancer survivors will get something out of it. People, don't forget, there are currently over 300 cancer treatments available today that do not rely on the cut, burn and poison that the Western medicine uses even today. For example, for breat cancer we have the iodine therapy. For lung stuff (and even pneumonia, and anything related to coughing, pulmonary issues, we have the orthomolecular medicine. We also have the Gerson therapy...so many things to try before giving up.
This is something new to me. I didn't know there are a lot of treatments to this other than chemotherapy. Will do some research about them. Glad you shared this! :tiphat:
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

I am not a cancer survivor, but my grandfather is. I would not assume Iunderstand his opinion on this book, but I believe that he would respect that people have a right to share their thoughts and feelings ...and ideas. He would not feel slighted.
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

Jdalba2018 wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 00:42 My father died as a result of badly treated cancer at the age of 68, in fact, I think he would be celebrating his 82nd birthday this wednesday if only he wouldn't have gone through quimotherapy and all the things they did to him.

BRGDS
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's sad to think of all the ways there exists to potentially cure cancer but all we know are about chemotherapy and such stuff which doesn't even work all the time.
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I had a family member and an uncle who lost their battle to cancer. Infact, one of them were so late in being diagnosed that there was little to be done in those last moments. Even then, he underwent chemotherapy and the result was him being so utterly fragile and weak. It broke my heart to see such a warm and energetic soul losing all hope. I wonder if the knowledge about these treatments would have done them any good.
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
TALIA ONYANGO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-talia-onyango.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by TALIA ONYANGO »

This book is a source of information for learning about cancer awareness and maintenance. I loved it.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I'm definitely open to alternative medical treatments, but I, too, would like to hear more reactions from cancer survivors regarding this book.
Lucas Kalinic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucas-kalinic.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Lucas Kalinic »

Cancer survivors will absolutely love this book. It provides a therapy on how to best prevent themselves from contracting other forms of the disease.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”