Effectiveness of alternative medicines against cancer

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
bluedragonsii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluedragonsii.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01AZ8ERHI

Re: Effectiveness of alternative medicines against cancer

Post by bluedragonsii »

I lost my mother a few years ago to cancer. Seeing what the treatments did to her was heartbreaking. Since I have been looking into alternative treatments for various aliments, including cancer. I can't help but shake the idea that if I would have done more research when she was first diagnosed, that something could have been done to help her more. At the very least I hope to offer others a layman's advice when they are in pain or sick. Having options to explore is a good idea.
Kyoks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyoks.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Kyoks »

Cancer is really horrible that even scientific curable methods do not give 100% chances that the patient will be okay but as well though traditional medicines do work to cure cancer.
MichelleHite
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MichelleHite »

I too have had first hand experience with cancer. My husband of 32 years had stage 4 colorectal cancer, which took his life after 4 year battle. He did not do chemo due to the low 8% survival rate that was given. He chose the natural approach which put him in remission for a year. When the cancer returned he started Natural but the cancer's dictations were to intense for him so he gave in to pharmaceutical medicine for pain management. I believe that choice was what took his life, seeing the changes taking place from the use of Pharmaceuticals, should he stuck with the road less traveled Natural alternatives I believe he would still be here today.
Ameenmohd178

Post by Ameenmohd178 »

I had an experience of cancer too.From my relatives one who was effected by mouth cancer made him suffer a lot.He used many medicines but his pain didn't decreased .Then he thought of making ayurvedic plants it made a lot of changes and cured his disease in just 3 months 😊
Bavithra M
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-m.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bavithra M »

I do not really think that there is any alternative for cancer. There medical mafia included in this. In my opinion the international medical association has purposely not invented any affordable treatment for cancer. The only reason for not inventng an alternative medicine is that to earn money from patients.
---
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

I don't really know anyone that has opted for non-conventional ways to treat cancer but I think the methods in this book are worth a try.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Miercoles wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 14:48 The benefits of an alternative treatment may be affected by the stage of diagnosis of the cancer and general health of the patient. Unfortunately not everyone has time to try alternatives. Having a good treatment team who consider the patient's situation in a holistic manner may provide the most appropriate direction for individuals.
As seen on some research, alternatives do take a longer time and some people don't have that. So I agree with you.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

I am very sorry about your mother's situation. I wish her well. Concerning alternative medicines, I am positive that they deliver a lot more than expected at times. All you need is to get hold of the tried and tested medicines and apply them. You know, my grandmother just celebrated her 130th birthday,(a whole century on top of my current age) and as long as I can remember there are only two times when she used conventional treatments. She has been doing what we call traditional methods (here in Africa) to cure all sorts of ailments and she is still strong. She has never suffered cancer though. So yes, alternative medicines do work.
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by rubinelli »

Based on the evidence provided in the book, the natural plant extract seem to work best in tandem with chemotherapy and radiation therapy. I don't have personal experience with either of the solutions presented in the book, unfortunately. The best thing I can recommend is to eat healthy and exercise. My mom often tells me to eat a lot of ginger. I eat it a lot when I get sick and it seems to help me. I hope your mother gets better soon!!!
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-harebate.html
Latest Review: Family Honor-III by T. O'Neil Charity

Post by Rose Harebate »

I have always trusted natural remedies for any disease I encounter. So I do believe that somewhere somehow, there is a cure for cancer. With scientists coming up with new remedies every now and then, there will finally be a cure.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

I think that if I had cancer I would use traditional cancer treatments first such as radiation and chemotherapy. Alternative medicines would be tried only if the traditional treatments were not effective.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

rubinelli wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 15:46 The best thing I can recommend is to eat healthy and exercise. My mom often tells me to eat a lot of ginger. I eat it a lot when I get sick and it seems to help me.
I agree with this. Exercise could really help the body and cells healthy. Eating healthy is also an important thing - avoid or lessen foods that are carcinogenic. Also, my mom boils ginger for me to drink! And I can also say it's effective sometimes! Glad to know someone is also using ginger as medicine sometimes. :tiphat:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
jhashamik4

Post by jhashamik4 »

chemotherapy causes people to become infertile so I cannot recommend that anyone uses this treatment. I think in America there are a lot of alternative ways to treat cancer.
Sh3rlockian
Currently Reading: The Affair of the Mysterious Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Sh3rlockian »

I hope your mom's recovery will be swift and soon!
Alternative, natural medicines are vital for treating the whole person (mind, body, and soul) not just their illness.
Especially where diet is concerned, since many of our foods have naturally healing properties.
M Zee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-zee.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by M Zee »

IT IS INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS AND IRRESPONSIBLE TO GIVE HEALTH ADVICE ONLINE WHEN YOU ARE NOT A MEDICAL DOCTOR OR TRAINED IN THE FIELD.

I completely feel for your family in this struggle, OP. And I want you to know that you are not alone. I don't feel that all alternative medicine should be discarded outright but I do think you should research everything responsibly and thoroughly before choosing certain treatments. They can be beneficial when used in tandem with traditional medicine.

Every patient has the right to choose their treatments BUT I really urge everyone not to abandon traditional medicine practices in favor of alternative practices that have not been fully tested and are based solely on anecdotal evidence without scientific proof.
I was born with a reading list I will never finish.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”