Overall rating and opinion of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Felicity Granger »

Beljanski is very clear about where she stands and this influences the book, adding an overly biased edge. However, the insertion of factual data and research offset this and validated the claims of the book. I would definitely recommend this book to others, as I found it informative and it provided several alternative methods I was previously unaware of.
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

I like that Beljanski stands by what she believes in. It's quite plainly her biased opinion based on her father's work and how justified she feels his work is, but she supports this with research and provides a clear analysis of just why she thinks her way could work. It makes the title of the novel that much more interesting, especially the use of the word 'War' which shows you that she is fighting for something, not just against cancer but for acknowledgement of the plausibility of the alternative methods' success.
John Ooko Oluoch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by John Ooko Oluoch »

Winning war on cancer is justified concept of the writer not only on her Fathers analysis.
Take for instance the under Developed world which have continued to experience inclined up ward epidimiolgical of cancer diagnosis due to change in lifestyles and food values from natural drying up preservations to refrigeration deep freezeing.A study to determine the variability of the two could give some highlights to the war against cancer.
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Nujudee »

Nothing beats a story than including one's personal experience in it.
The book taught me so much and I'm definitely sure I'd be picking it up again.
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

cvetelina_yovcheva87 wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 01:58 I am not interested in such type of stories. However, I have to admit that this novel grabbed my attention, and I think that it is worth reading.
I found it a four star read for me, and I will readily recommend it for anybody seeking knowledge about cancer.
Bookreviwer2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviwer2020.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei

Post by Bookreviwer2020 »

Yes, the book is well researched and it may benefit people
Reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I'd give this book a 3 out of 4 star rating. The research that went into its creation, plus the addition of resources and Beljanski and her father's own experiences made it a lot more credible.
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I'd give this book a 3 out of 4 star rating. The research that went into its creation, plus the addition of resources and Beljanski and her father's own experiences made it a lot more credible.
_tiyaah
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by _tiyaah »

Cancer is such a deadly disease and I love how this book deals with it in an informative way. So I am giving it a four out of four
Effie Cherotich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-effie-cherotich.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by Effie Cherotich »

This book absolutely deserves a stunning 4 out of 4 stars. The most amazing aspect for me is how the author is professionally a lawyer, she never had any interest in science yet she meticulously breaks down all the molecular biology and medical knowledge that a layman would understand. Her passion and dedication to reconstruct her father's work is admirable. Nothing beats sharing knowledge, especially knowledge that could save people's lives. That's exactly what this book does. Besides all the information about treating cancer, the author has excellent writing skill. The book is not boring at all even though all it talks about is research, cancer and science.
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

FictionLover wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 09:41 I'm only half way through, but so far I think it is a 4 star read. It is well written and the beginning is very compelling.

There is a lot of research and footnotes which I have tried to keep up with, but as I said, I have a way to go, so I will reserve my opinion on the scientific part.
even though am not knowledge about science either, but I do think natural remedies are very effective as well, I mean look at people million years ago they didn't have the medical evolution we do now but they still survived so I would rate this book a 3 out of 4
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

I loved the title and I decided to give it a go. I liked reading about all the information the author shared, but the book could have been more entertaining. I give the rating 3 out of 4 stars.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

I came across this book when I had some personal issues going on. Sylvie Beljanski has gone to great lengths in saving her father's award-winning research. I wish we had those medicines in India. It would surely help a ton of people as cancer is increasing exponentially. Overall, it was a good read. I enjoyed it.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

Ruba Abu Ali wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 10:09 This is a perfect score read. What makes it stand out is its evidence-based approach and the well-researched information.
Same thinking though.
third agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-third-agbata.html
Latest Review: The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis

Post by third agbata »

This book is inspiring. I am sure the author did alot of research while publishing this book, because it is full of facts

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”