Masked Killer Prediction

Use this forum to discuss the December 2018 Book of the month "The Face of Fear" by RJ Torbert
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Re: Masked Killer Prediction

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Ayat paarsa wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 05:32 When I was reading the sample available on the amazon, I had a guess in my mind that in this type of detective stories mostly authors keep on giving the twists as the story proceeds, that's why I did not try to guess that who will be the killer.
:D :D :D :D :D :D this is very true. But I always think and believe that trying to guess who is the killer is engaging because one gets to follow the story with something in mind while at the same time expecting to eventually see what is there rather than just waiting.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

For me, to sincerely speak I had thought that it was Robert Simpson, especially when he failed to reply to the text that Debbie sent her as she was getting onto the ferry.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Kibetious wrote: 29 Dec 2018, 12:00
Ayat paarsa wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 05:32 When I was reading the sample available on the amazon, I had a guess in my mind that in this type of detective stories mostly authors keep on giving the twists as the story proceeds, that's why I did not try to guess that who will be the killer.
:D :D :D :D :D :D this is very true. But I always think and believe that trying to guess who is the killer is engaging because one gets to follow the story with something in mind while at the same time expecting to eventually see what is there rather than just waiting.
:D ok, sir I will try to guess next time.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
praisecrown8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praisecrown8.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by praisecrown8 »

No. It didn't change
praisecrown8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praisecrown8.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by praisecrown8 »

No. It didn't change.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I was not sure who the actual murderer was. So the curiosity made the reading interesting Until I found out it was the gang from the bar.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

The best part of this kind of reads is that of its unknown nature. This read exactly had me at that point when I sampled it. The unknown nature of who-done-it really keeps anyone on the edge as this did.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
nomnombooks
Currently Reading: Die Uhr, die nicht tickt
Bookshelf Size: 491
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomnombooks.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by nomnombooks »

I really had no idea. I kept changing my opinion every other chapter. It was really difficult, because I expected a twist but was not sure if it was going to happen. Of course that did not stop me from shouting "I knew it" when it was finally revealed.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

Now that is something I cannot comment about as I haven't finished reading the book.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

I kept trying to guess, but I was wrong. But , obviously like every other suspense writer, RJ Torbert kept the reader on his toes regarding the identity of the killer.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

When I read the sample, I was alarmed that Detective Paul Powers had a Ghost Face mask hanging from his coat stand in his room. It was explained that the owner's of Dunkin' Donuts gave it to him as a souvenir after investigating a robbery of someone wearing the mask. I wondered if it would be possible that a detective is a killer, but then I thought that it may be just to show how difficult it would be to find the killer when the mask is available to many people. I haven't read the book to know who the actual killer was, but I do not think that it would be the detective.
Olaoluwa_oso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaoluwa-oso.html
Latest Review: The Misadventures Of Jimmy Crookshank by D.R. Blair

Post by Olaoluwa_oso »

Am really horrible at guessing. But I would have guessed it was the Gang if I had been asked.
DakotaA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dakotaa.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by DakotaA »

The cover would suggest it would be a masked killer but the title would make me believe that the killer doesn't have to be masked.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
aolayide
Currently Reading: Are Your Kids Naked Online?
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aolayide.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by aolayide »

I did not guess the killer's true identity. It spoils the fun. However, I was more contented to follow the twists and turns in the story.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

leanne_brown17 wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 07:56 Who did you originally suspect was the masked killer? Did your prediction change at all as the story progressed?
I didn't suspect anyone. I've learned that good authors always present one or two characters as suspects, but in the end, the culprit would be the least suspected person. A reader should be open minded.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...

Return to “Discuss "The Face of Fear" by RJ Torbert”