What is your favorite quote?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
dreamthewilderness
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamthewilderness.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: What is your favorite quote?

Post by dreamthewilderness »

This is mine: "If you decide to do something purely out of a sense of obligation, it will create a moral imbalance in your quest to become self-actualized, because the motive behind obligation usually comes from your brain, and not from the heart." My greatest weakness, summed up.
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

Backpackroses wrote: 16 Nov 2018, 20:22 I went to see a psychic a year ago and she told me: "You will never soar like an eagle if you're hanging around a bunch of turkeys and chickens." This is the exact quote I found in the book which absolutely resonated with me. I'm going to continue being picky with whom I spend my time and energy with!

I found this quote to be very true, myself. Some people drag you down, others lift you up.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

kdstrack wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 10:52 My favorite quote is: "Do not underestimate the power of small actions." Too often we overlook the importance of little things and their impact on others. I like how to ties this to our thinking patterns. One little, passing thought can grow and have a life of its own. Even what you think can have an effect on others.
That's like the perfect quote. :wink: A good friend of mine gave me the same advice, years ago.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Rodrigo Niguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodrigo-niguez.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Rodrigo Niguez »

You were born with the abilities to change lives. Don't ever take that for granted.
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Post by Don Pwai »

You cannot keep doing things the same way and expect a different result.
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
Lucas Kalinic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucas-kalinic.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Lucas Kalinic »

The small actions are what make a difference in our lives everyday. We must never take them for granted.
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

CinWin wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 21:21 This book had many quotable parts. What was your favorite quote? Mine would have to be, "Success is not a destination, it is a continuous journey."
I have to agree with you on this quote. It's all about the journey, and I think sometimes we forget that along the way. Once we reach our so-called destination, we only start looking for more and then OH! Another destination to be striving for. We never arrive anywhere, it's always a journey! Great quote!
Amystl26
Currently Reading:

Post by Amystl26 »

Lucas Kalinic wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 12:04 The small actions are what make a difference in our lives everyday. We must never take them for granted.
It's the small habits that make big changes! I really like this quote. :D
Amystl26
Currently Reading:

Post by Amystl26 »

KCWolf wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 14:25
Backpackroses wrote: 16 Nov 2018, 20:22 I went to see a psychic a year ago and she told me: "You will never soar like an eagle if you're hanging around a bunch of turkeys and chickens." This is the exact quote I found in the book which absolutely resonated with me. I'm going to continue being picky with whom I spend my time and energy with!

I found this quote to be very true, myself. Some people drag you down, others lift you up.
That psychic was on to something! Who we spend our time with and give our energy to makes a big difference in our overall lives. Thanks for the reminder :)
Amystl26
Currently Reading:

Post by Amystl26 »

Yolimari wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 03:54 My favorite quotes were the following:

1. "To create positive changes in your life, you must open yourself up—and remain open—to the possibility of new and alternative ways of thinking!"

2. "However, if you have the desire to be really successful, you will need to be all four—willing, able, committed, and prepared."

3. "By allowing yourself to be offended, you immediately give your power away and become the victim."
These are all great! But the third one truly resonates with me--thank you for sharing. We really do hand over our power when we allow others' actions and words to negatively impact our emotions. Thanks for the reminder--great post!
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

There is juat so many things to learn from this book and to ponder on.

Number one is the quote about doing things the same way and expecting differen results.

The one about success which is a continuous journey and so much more.

In love with this book.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
SpencerVo
Favorite Book: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencervo.html
Latest Review: Lola the Buhund and the Father of Discord by Elbot Carman

Post by SpencerVo »

"You can’t keep doing the same things in life and expect to get different results." and "Unrealized potential is a form of self-denial." These hit me pretty hard.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I liked the section about taking control of our thoughts. There were a lot of things that I could quote, but one of my favorite ones is found in location 1317: "You need to put more of your attention and thoughts towards what you can have, what you can accomplish, and what you can be!"
yoda4ever
Favorite Book: Fervent
Currently Reading: Belgravia
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoda4ever.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by yoda4ever »

This book had so many good quotes. One of my favorites was "you need to get inspired to do something, or you will expire having done nothing!"
This quote motivates you to think about your life and how you need to try to accomplish your goals instead of fearing failure. I really liked this book was very motivational!
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zarah_ »

I agree; there are many quotable remarks in the book. One of my highlighted quote is from early on in the book. "There is no reward for just working harder - you must work smarter." I've already heard this saying before, but the author reminded me of putting value in my work.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”