What is your favorite quote?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Browlyns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browlyns.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: What is your favorite quote?

Post by Browlyns »

My favourite quote is the title of the book itself.It might be too strong but its ambiguous with lots of meaning
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

That you can’t get different results from doing things the same way. If you aren’t getting the results you want, you need to take a hard look at what you’re doing to see what needs to change. It’s easy to get stuck doing the same things over and over, but you can’t get the change you want by doing that
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

wkinnman wrote: 16 Nov 2018, 14:33 "You are born with the ability to change lives, don't ever take that for granted"
- Kathie Lee
Isn't this the truth! We think that the things we do in this world are just small, but in reality they could very well change someone's life!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Backpackroses wrote: 16 Nov 2018, 20:22 I went to see a psychic a year ago and she told me: "You will never soar like an eagle if you're hanging around a bunch of turkeys and chickens." This is the exact quote I found in the book which absolutely resonated with me. I'm going to continue being picky with whom I spend my time and energy with!
That is strange that a psychic told you that and then you read the exact same thing in this book. Hum...perhaps the Universe is trying to tell you something? :eusa-think:
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Bavithra M
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-m.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bavithra M »

I alomost like all the quotez
---
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

sarahmarlowe wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 18:36
Ever_Reading wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 07:43 Indeed the book had many quotable parts. My favorite is "People who don't make many mistakes never take many steps forward or accomplish very much." This is something our schools often fail to teach children at a young age. As such children grow up fearing failure and never challenge themselves enough as adults.
Yes, that is a very powerful quote. Instead of giving us a hard time when we made mistakes, my grandfather used to ask us what we learned from them.
You had a very wise grandfather!
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Bavithra M wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 22:12 I alomost like all the quotez
I really enjoyed the entire book also but what part of the book really resonated with you?
Calypso Terrier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-calypso-terrier.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Calypso Terrier »

My favorite quote is "Do not underestimate the power of small actions." What about you?
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

sarahmarlowe wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 18:42
Backpackroses wrote: 16 Nov 2018, 20:22 I went to see a psychic a year ago and she told me: "You will never soar like an eagle if you're hanging around a bunch of turkeys and chickens." This is the exact quote I found in the book which absolutely resonated with me. I'm going to continue being picky with whom I spend my time and energy with!
Haha! Yes. That's a good one! I'd like to throw in pigeons and old crows!

It is an important piece of advice, though. So many times we don't realize that people around us are sapping our energy or even stopping our progress completely. We need to take time to look around us and analyze our friendships.
Very true!
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Calypso Terrier wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 02:25 My favorite quote is "Do not underestimate the power of small actions." What about you?
Yes, as Mother Teresa says, "In this life we cannot always do great things, but we can do small things with great love."
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

sarahmarlowe wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 18:42
Haha! Yes. That's a good one! I'd like to throw in pigeons and old crows!

It is an important piece of advice, though. So many times we don't realize that people around us are sapping our energy or even stopping our progress completely. We need to take time to look around us and analyze our friendships.
I totally agree with you!
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Booklorer wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 15:16 I like this part, because it’s amazing how we tend to perceive things very differently: ‘By accepting someone else’s reality, you are disregarding your own and giving away your power. Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally ... Every person has their own unique world of perceptions. When you take something personally, you assume that they know what is in your world, and by accepting what they think as true for you, you allow them to impose their world on yours.’
That reminds me of The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz! Don't take anything personally.
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Browlyns wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 09:53 My favourite quote is the title of the book itself.It might be too strong but its ambiguous with lots of meaning
lol... I agree the title was quite amazing in itself!
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

My favorite quotes were the following:

1. "To create positive changes in your life, you must open yourself up—and remain open—to the possibility of new and alternative ways of thinking!"

2. "However, if you have the desire to be really successful, you will need to be all four—willing, able, committed, and prepared."

3. "By allowing yourself to be offended, you immediately give your power away and become the victim."
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

Ever_Reading wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 07:43 Indeed the book had many quotable parts. My favorite is "People who don't make many mistakes never take many steps forward or accomplish very much." This is something our schools often fail to teach children at a young age. As such children grow up fearing failure and never challenge themselves enough as adults.
I agree completely with you in that schools, and I would add the parents, should teach kids that failure is part of life. Failures are opportunities to learn and grow. When kids think that everything must happen in a straight line full of accomplishments, they have a hard time when things get tough.
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”