Who is the target audience?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: Who is the target audience?

Post by kdstrack »

I believe this book is for anyone who is feeling frustrated with the direction their life is taking. I would like to see these principles taught to young people. Learning to accept responsibility for your actions, early in life, would help people to enjoy a more fulfilling future.
Felix Temix
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Felix Temix »

The target audience is everyone the rich the poor, the strong the weak, The beauty the beast...it teaches everyone that there are to varying sides to life, two sides of a coin..It could be sweet today and be bitter tomorrow. One just have to live through life and get uo every moment to the struggles
Vitter Krane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitter-krane.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Vitter Krane »

The target audience I believe are people who are idling their life away. People who have no purpose with life at all.
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by vinkipc »

This book is for everyone. From those who have lost purpose in their lives to those who have a strong will.
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

I think the target audience is anyone. That said, I think those most likely to benefit from the advice within are those open to new perspectives and those wanting to change. If someone isn't willing to entertain other ways of thinking, well, you can lead the horse to water.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Bronie
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bronie.html
Latest Review: The Life and Lessons of a Young Author by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Bronie »

It could for control mon people trying to find a more purposeful life. Self-help readers will understand that a little knowledge can go a long way.
Lmahle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmahle.html
Latest Review: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959) by David J Castello

Post by Lmahle »

There were times when I was reading this book that I genuinely wasn’t sure if the author even had an audience in mind, or if he just really liked to hear himself talk.
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by vinkipc »

The self-help book is set to target those who are not satisfied with their current trend in their life's. But again other readers who are drawn with such motivational story can be the targeted audiences as well.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3036
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

a9436 wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 04:14 Who do you think this book is aimed at? Perhaps people with a desire to change, or people who need motivation to change? Is there a pattern as to who will benefit from the advice, or is it completely individual?

The author states that the book is, "not for everyone - but it is for you!" Yet, earlier pages tell me that as an, "overthinker," the advice is not likely to help me. Personally I find this contradictory, which in my opinion makes the author a little less credible. Perhaps the author is assuming that, "overthinkers," will have already put down the book, or perhaps it means that the book will help me, even if I do not believe it.

What do you think?
I think the 'contradiction' was well intended by the author. He acknowledges it in the introduction of the book. I do not how this will sound but it seems that the one who is not going to overthink will benefit most.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Personally, I think the ones who will benefit are those who are ready to change but are looking for an impetus that will drive the change. At times, one desires change but already has a way of achieving the change hence the book may not help much. The one who does not know where to begin will definitely benefit most.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
jesdav16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesdav16.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Post by jesdav16 »

I have not read the book though, but from the title I think it is for people who need just a little push or motivation to right some wrongs in their lives.
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

I guess, the author wrote that way to convience whoever glimpse that phrase. The word "you" refers to everyone, so it is like the author is directly talking to you that will make you wonder. It is just like saying, "i can do what i want, but not all what i want is good for me."
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

As a young adult, I was inspired by this book. So I think that this book could be for anyone!
MalMartin
Currently Reading: Murder in Memory
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malmartin.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by MalMartin »

sszb wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 06:57 I think the target audience is the people who are willing to change themselves but have no idea what to do. Sometimes reading a self-help book can be very effective especially when a person feels like stuck in problems or depression.
I can't agree with you more! you stole the words right out of my mouth! Also, I believe that the target audience can be someone who knows what to do and just wants more information before they get started.
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is equally true. There are many others who can go out of their means to go and see a counselor on a certain aspect that is holding them back which means that they have something but doing it is what is left behind. This book is for them too.
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”