Who is qualified to give advice like this?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
JossyMicheal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who is qualified to give advice like this?

Post by JossyMicheal » 29 Jan 2019, 13:04

A good question people who are qualified to give advise like this, from my oen point of view people who are qualified to give advise like this are those with better experience about life .. Am not saying another person experience about life is better than anyone but we need people to talk to us about their own experience so that we can learn from them. Sometimes take corrections

Jacquelyn-63
Currently Reading: Call of the Couch
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacquelyn-63.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by Jacquelyn-63 » 30 Jan 2019, 08:09

I feel like some of these self-help books are motivated by an authors family and friends urging them to share their experiences. These are the diamonds in the rough. Then there are those authors that just do research and it is not really genuine at all. It is sad to see how many self-help books are out there filled with common knowledge and not really helpful information.

Ghost11111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghost11111.html
Latest Review: Sundown by Carl H. Mitchell

Post by Ghost11111 » 25 May 2019, 13:35

Anyone who either thinks they have found the answer to a certain problem or is arrogant enough to think that their word is law could write a self-help book. All it takes is enough determination to sit down and write a book. There is no real authority to any of these authors except some of their experiences do help with their credibility.

kmwarren20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmwarren20.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by kmwarren20 » 10 Jul 2019, 10:57

I really like this topic question. I think that if other people can learn from one’s experiences, then it is appropriate to share them. I assume that this is the goal that the author intended, but there is also a possible motive of money.

cdhundley
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 44
Currently Reading: The Book of Man
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdhundley.html
Latest Review: Sundown by Carl H. Mitchell

Post by cdhundley » 27 Jul 2019, 08:15

People are always looking for advice. The market is filled with so many similar books I'm not sure that qualifications mean much anymore. I think in my case I would take this kind of advice from someone who had accomplished a goal on my own list.
"Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." Marcus Aurelius

MsH2k
Favorite Book: The Oracle
Currently Reading: A White Face Painted Brown
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Helix Rolls Into a Sleepover by Randal Betz Jr.

Post by MsH2k » 10 Sep 2019, 19:57

I think the author was being authentic when he said he genuinely wanted to help others live a more fulfilling life. I do not think for a minute that his life is perfect, but hopefully if we live long enough we learn from our mistakes - at least some of them!! :lol2: I agree that everyone has a purpose in life. His may very well be to share his life lessons with others in his own unique style. Nothing wrong with getting paid to do what you were made to do...

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”