Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Re: Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Post by Julehart1 »

There’s a lot to take from this book. One thing I learned is to take accountability for my own life and stop blaming others for my mistakes. It’s a valuable lesson.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

For me it is ; "It's not about working harder but working smarter"
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

Bianka Walter wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 01:07
AmySmiles wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 21:29
Swiftmover07 wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 20:29 I like the negative thought part. You can't do anything about the past so why dwell on it. Learn from it so you don't make the same mistake in the future
That it's very true too, that is something I really have to work at, it doesn't come as naturally as I would like.
That is easier said than done.
I think that the phrase 'easier said than done' is my biggest problem with self-help books. Especially when they tell you to stay positive.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

Kibetious wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 07:59 I think it would be to stop living by accident and start living with intention. There are many days that pass by and when one tries to look back, it seems one was just living and did whatever came by, not based on any plan.
I completely agree. I am now trying to be much more mindful in my life and to live with intent. It is not easy, that's for sure, but I think it makes for a more meaningful existence.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

The part that I can apply to my everyday life is where he spoke about saying no when you want to say no. He was invited to an event with friends, and he said yes to going, but he didn't really want to, and he couldn't afford to. Finally, he tells them he cannot attend, and they don't really care! I thought that was so good because I put too much time into what others will think if I don't act a certain way, so to read that in this book was nice because I know it is something I can work on and change.
Everything happens for a reason...
MKRichards
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mkrichards.html
Latest Review: Boom! A Revolting Situation by Thomas Richard Harry

Post by MKRichards »

As someone who has struggled in the past with their sense of self worth (largely because of bullying), the following quote from the book really struck me. I wish I had read something like this when I was younger!

"You are not a defective person who needs to be fixed to be worthy of all the good things life has to offer, because you are already good and whole. Do you hear me? If not, read it again!"
Wdowiak, Mark L.. If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts: A No-Nonsense Guide to Happiness and Success (Kindle Locations 496-499). FriesenPress. Kindle Edition.
Laura Del
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-del.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Laura Del »

No. I didn't find it helpful, so I went be applying any of the advice.
"Write drunk, edit sober."~Ernest Hemingway
Brittanygraves1995
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittanygraves1995.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Brittanygraves1995 »

Honestly, what I could really relate to in this book was negative thinking. I believe with these helpful strategies I can combat negative thinking and change my thoughts. However, the methods in this book will take effort and will not happen overnight.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Alice Thokchom »

What I have learned from this book is that I am responsible for what I am today. I used to blame my parents. But, now I realise that the decisions i took were the cause of my present situation and the decisions i take today will anchor my future. And, there is a change in my attitude and decision making, saying no to the things which I should say 'no'.
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 553
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

The author of this book brilliantly explained the human flaws that don't allow a person to achieve his potential. And generally, we tend to avoid implementing these rules, and according to the author, there are three rules: decide, commit, and apply effort.
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 469
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

I quickly picked one, "Osmosis by Association". I loved it and have been deeply thinking about it. You have to associate with 'them' in order to be like 'them' if you so wish.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
nadette
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nadette »

after i have read this book.,.
i find that i myself,should trust my self in every descision i make in my life.,fo this is also will result in my future..
i should learn to stand by me..
Bavithra M
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-m.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bavithra M »

One piece of advice that we can apply in our life from this book is that to take responsiblity for all that is happening in our life and to stop blaming others for our mistakes.
---
Niski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niski.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Niski »

I have tried to take responsibility more for my actions. It has involved a lot of apologising. I'm getting better at it!
Sahar Majid
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-majid.html
Latest Review: Iron Crossed by Renata Rose and Phil Rose

Post by Sahar Majid »

There was this one point where the book said that we are responsible for the kind of lives that we live. I found that very impactful because I constantly procrastinate and live in my head; just the idea of working hard and taking the opportunities presented while they're available. You can't blame anyone else later on if you don't have the life you want.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”