Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the November 2018 Book of the Month, "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak. What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on Bookshelves. Rating should be based on your reading of the book, NOT based on the reviews.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
evan1995muniz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evan1995muniz.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by evan1995muniz »

I absolutely love this self-help guide. It is so very down to earth and was actually the first book i ever reviewed officially. It helped me in so many ways and i know it can do the same for others.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

I will recommend it to those looking for some direction in their lives. I liked the author's conversational tone throughout the book, and rated it 3/4 stars. The reason I didn't give it a 4/4 star rating was because I felt it was slightly too repetitive, but the repetition definitely gets the author's points across.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

This was a pithy and empowering read. I loved the message that I can decide what I want and go for it. I would recommend it to others but only in conjunction with other books because there is ground that it doesn't cover. For that reason, I don't think I'd say: if you only ever read one self-help book, this is the one.
Best aspects: Offers a refreshing take on concerns about others' opinions or accusations of "selfishness". Leaves nothing whatsoever up to "the universe" or a "higher power"; focuses instead on the reality of what I can do if I put my mind to it.
Drawbacks: Includes few examples of common life experiences. Not a problem for me as I have so much life experience that it was easy for me to think of what the advice might apply to but it might be too abstract for some.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Saturday, October 27, 2018
8:36 PM

I liked the book alot gali. The book's title was awesome. Often when we are in a happy mood, we pretty well ignore such books by saying "I don't need any self help" but when we become fail in navigating the undermines, that are lying in our way as a life's obstacle, we rush towards these motivational lectures then. Having a philanthropist heart, Widowiak wrote this self help book as he couldn't see anyone standing far apart, behind the success. I also liked his idea of "change the life style, get yourself out of old typical life's ways, be some unique and different." Or otherwise life would remain like "spinning around a car's tyre." As I have read only sample From Amazon, so I did not find any satisfactory answers for "buts" yet.
I will recommend this book to the people who are at the very start of the career or eirher, at the mid, but still standing average.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

I have only read the free preview section, but I found that very interesting and thought-provoking. I will probably try to get it for my next review.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

It's a good book for those who are feeling lost in life. Personally, I think this book would've helped me a lot more at an earlier time in my life rather than now. The author is a good writer, though, so I would recommend this book to anyone who'd like to read it.
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kareka88 »

I didn't care for the author's arrogant attitude. Some of his facts and ideas were good. I read the official review for the book, and I agree with the reviewer that this might be a good book for younger readers. It will help them not to make some of the mistakes the author did. It would allow them to start on a confident and well-informed path.
"Life is an occasion - rise to it." Mr. Magorian
Cardinalsparrow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cardinalsparrow.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Cardinalsparrow »

The book is amazing, it stands out amongst many self-help books. I recommend it to people who want to take charge of their lives.
Some books are to be tasted , others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested-- Francis Bacon
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

I give it the perfect score. The title is an attention seizer. I also liked the methodological approach of crawling-walking-running, and found it practical and handy.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

I love the title because the heading of the narrative alone informs people who have not read it that the author has zero sympathy for complaints of our situations.And this informs readers that we need to shape our lives by taking responsibilities.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
capricornius16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-capricornius16.html

Post by capricornius16 »

I've only read the sample but this seems very beneficial to its readers.
Swiftmover07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swiftmover07.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Swiftmover07 »

I love this book. I love how there is no "secret" to having a better life. I love how the author is authentic and down to earth. Even if you aren't into self help books this is still worth reading
Goodnight sweet prince, may flights of devils wing you to your rest. - Anne Rice
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

Based on my reading of the preview section, as well as the reviews, I found that the author has provided authentic advice which will appeal to young people at the beginning of their career. He advises them not to make the same mistakes he did. I also liked the fact that he doesn't leave anything to a higher power - whatever we achieve in life, success or failure, is the direct result of our actions.
A catchy title and a clean book cover are added advantages.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I haven't read the book but I may give it a try it sounds like a good one.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”