Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
KDJ
Favorite Book: Elenor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdj.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Post by KDJ »

I enjoyed the book, but I believe it was geared more towards people who are just starting out or have recently hit a rough patch in life and want to change their direction. I think it would be a good source of inspiration for them.

I put in a link to my review of the book. In the end, I gave a 3 out of 4 stars.
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=91482
:D :D
He that loves reading has everything within his reach. —William Godwin
Cquack71
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cquack71 »

I would say it was a pretty good read with some good informational nuggets. :D
timd
Favorite Book: The Rim of Space
Currently Reading: Making Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timd.html
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Post by timd »

Unlike a great many similar books in this category that include mystical nonsense and unlikely laws of the universe that are supposed to be able to help you, this book is extremely practical and gives some good solid tips and actual things that one can do to achieve success in life. The categories of crawling, walking, and running are good examples of this. Also of importance, is the concept of focus on people and things. These are practical concepts that can be implemented with the correct will.
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited
Emily M
Currently Reading: Swan Garden
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emily M »

This book was good not my favorite self help book I've read but as I said in my review those who want some "tough love" Its great overall I gave it 3/5 stars on good reads
Laarmyartist
Favorite Author: Tamora Pierce
Currently Reading: The Pygmy Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 33
fav_author_id: 3492

Post by Laarmyartist »

The feeling from the reviews here inspired me to purchase the book for myself. I don't read too many self-help books for most of the same reasons that others have mentioned, it is discouraging to read how easy it should be to get your life together! Just get to it!

From what I've read in the first chapter, this is not that type of book and I am excited to read more.
Evie_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evie-123.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Evie_123 »

I was actually very pleased with this book. The author had a good sense of humor and didn't sugarcoat anything. I love it.
bauer_ve
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bauer-ve.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by bauer_ve »

I’m not usually into self help books but I have very much enjoyed this one. I like that the author seems very down to earth and straightforward. He makes it clear that there is no magical secret to success & happiness, that everything takes work & all you achieve in life is a result of that hard work. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. Everything he states can actually be applied in one’s life, not like other self help books that are not realistic or practical at times.
ChydeanmahE95
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chydeanmahe95.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by ChydeanmahE95 »

I am absolutely tickled by the title of this book. I think most people would get it only because of the title.
Many self help books are written so formally and strictly making the reader feel condemned. I am glad the author chose a different path.
The faintest pen is sharper than the mightiest sword.
frowngoclownfish
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: Speaker for the Dead
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frowngoclownfish.html
Latest Review: Arsenic and Old Men by Glenn Ickler
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by frowngoclownfish »

My overall rating was 3 out of 4 stars. I believe this was the first self-help book I've read in a few years. It was a nice and easy read, the perfect book to get me back into the gene. The words and tips didn't have any staying power for me. It all seemed to go in one ear and out the other.
"I lived in books more than I lived anywhere else."
― Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at The End of the Lane
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I reviewed this book and gave it 4 out of 4 stars. True, it is yet another self-help book in a long list of them; but, this was one of the simplest ones to follow. The author's advice was straightforward, humorous and timely and made it one of my favorites.
Mundanereader
Currently Reading: Five feet apart
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mundanereader.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Mundanereader »

I really enjoyed this book and found it very enlightening. Unlike other self-help books, If life stinks get your head outta your buts was straight and to the point. Wdowiak didn't sugar coat the truths of life and for that, I was really thankful. I gave the book three out of four stars only because there was some repetition that I found sort of unnecessary and at some points throughout the book it was hard to keep reading as my interest started to dull. But overall if you push through and finish it, you will be very happy you did!! :techie-reference:
Renee_Prior1995
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-prior1995.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Renee_Prior1995 »

This self-help novel is incredible. Mark really presents original ideas that actually help people, one of those being me. I am more than halfway through this book and it has already begun to change the way I do things. I give it 5 out of 5.
Bhaskins
Currently Reading: The Biography of Her
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskins.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Bhaskins »

As a therapist, I would really like to read this to see if it's an appropriate referral for a few clients. It does seem very hit or miss. I might have to be a bit selective with the title!
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book." -J.K. Rowling
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

I was, unfortunately, unable to read this novel, but I have been looking for a self-help book that can be down-to-earth and understandable. I may have to give this a try.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

A self-help book with such a catchy title. It surely grabs attention. I don't mind the author's firm voice as if telling, I did this mistake don't do it and why instead of some books which go on and on around circles and leading nowhere.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”