Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

What I like most about it is ironically also what I don't like. It is the author's blunt way of putting things. I would definitely recommend this book to others, but only if they are good friends of mine so that they don't get offended.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

I have not read the whole book but I am sure the book is a must have self help book
Ashley Cremer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-cremer.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Ashley Cremer »

I wasn't really a fan of this book. I felt that it was very repetitive and contained too much rambling. I rated it a 2 out of 4 stars.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

I don't fancy self-help books but If life stinks get your head outta your buts was such a great self-help book after reading it. I love how the author advises the young people not make the same mistakes he did. The cover and the title of the book is also captivating. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars and would recommend it to the lovers of such intriguing books.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Farmgurl1
Currently Reading: In the Shadow of the Master
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farmgurl1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Farmgurl1 »

I thought the book could be helpful to some because the author tends to be more real about how someone can help themselves instead of leaving it up to some higher power or some other entity beyond our control. It makes the reader take some accountability for their own happiness and success or lack thereof. It always irritates me when people say "it's out of my hands". It's not. I believe you are responsible for yourself through the good and bad choices. So I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars because I like that the author also seems to value that same sentiment.
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

The title of the book itself is captivating and goes hand in hand with what the book as a whole offers. I will recommend it to anyone who needs a certain change in their lives.
cvetelina_yovcheva87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cvetelina-yovcheva87.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by cvetelina_yovcheva87 »

Unfortunately, I have not read the book yet, but I have read so many positive feedbacks about it that I am going to read it soon.
TJanowski23
Currently Reading: Winning the battle against sin
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjanowski23.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by TJanowski23 »

I ended up giving it 2/4 stars. I had high hopes for it because the title was so clever but ultimately I didn't find that it had any new information. Others have covered this material many times. The author does have a down to earth style but it was very repetitive and almost put me to sleep many times. I agree with others tho that maybe this would have been more helpful at an earlier age and if my parents hadn't already conveyed these messages.
raqstar1
Currently Reading: The Lady of the Lakes
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raqstar1.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by raqstar1 »

I thought this was a very helpful book. The author speaks as though he's on the same level as the reader instead of as if he's better than them. Some people may not like that, but it made the book much more relatable for me. I rated the book 4 out of 4 because it gave me the push I needed to get off my butt. I liked that he really just wanted to remind his readers that they are worth-while. Many people don't understand that or they let what other people say affect how they feel about themselves. Having the affirmation that your wants, needs, and desires are valid is huge.
Life is your own story. Sometimes you need an off-ramp and that's where books come in! :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:
ChristeenaP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christeenap.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ChristeenaP »

In my opinion, this book has some amazing advice. Mark Wdowiak does a great job about giving this advice without using a “better than thou” attitude. My least favorite part of this book had to do with the repetition of some of the ideas. I definitely recommend this book to others because Mark provides great advice!
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Radiant3 »

Overall, this is an excellent book. The language is straightforward and articulate. The author shares in a relatable manner what he has learned from his own experiences. This book is about life lessons. I think everyone should read this book, young and old, age is not a barrier to learning and there is always something to be gained from reading a good book.
fndirangu20
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: the girl who knew da vinci
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by fndirangu20 »

A 4stars book. Directional and motivational book, gives a lot of room for meditation. I recommend the book to all groups of people going through rough times. thumbs up.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

I did a review of this book and gave it a strong 4 out of 4 star rating. I found the book to be a plethera of wisdom and basic common sense. Anyone who has the desire to improve themselves, would not only enjoy, but benefit from reading this book. The things I liked the least were the counter intuitive place to initial after each chapter. Also, instead of the "interesting facts" he randomly inserts into the book, he could have done a short summary at the end of each chapter to bring some cohesiveness to the book. Other than that, it was a wonderful no-nonsense guide to happiness.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

As for me, I haven't read this book, but I read its review. I will like to get the book for a review so as to go through it entire context.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

I haven't read this book yet. But l'll like getting the book for a review.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”