Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Post by Alicia09 »

Kareka88 wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 17:37 I didn't care for the author's arrogant attitude. Some of his facts and ideas were good. I read the official review for the book, and I agree with the reviewer that this might be a good book for younger readers. It will help them not to make some of the mistakes the author did. It would allow them to start on a confident and well-informed path.
Thank you for pointing out some of the draw backs of this book. I also found the authors tone to be quite arrogant at times. I think that if the author had included more examples and stories of times when he made mistakes, I would have forgiven his cocky attitude. Then again, I've heard some people say they like that writing style.
:character-ariel:
Keevan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keevan.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Post by Keevan »

Jsovermyer wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 16:35 I have only read the free preview section, but I found that very interesting and thought-provoking. I will probably try to get it for my next review.
I agree. It seems to be very helpful and inspirational. I plan to add it to my shelf.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

The idea behind this book is spectacular. However, I find most points made by the book tp be something I have learnt by myself in life through experiences. So, I didn't find it too personally helpful.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

Although I have only read the free sample on Amazon, I found the very little I read to be thought provoking. This is definitely a book I would recommend to people in need of guidance.
okachjohn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by okachjohn »

This book is not interesting to read. It did not inspire me. The language used in the entire book is informal.
There are many errors in the book. Language errors.
Poor paragraphing. The title makes little sense to any serious reader.

But is that really the way to advice his readers?
The formatting of the chapters is not upto to any good standard.
Even if the author was addressing the general audience, the language used makes the authors book sound awkward.

The conclusion is also not interesting to read.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I like this book. It’s really beneficial for people that are looking for direction in their lives. I appreciate the author trying to help people and sharing their story. I would definitely recommend this book to people who need it.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

I have not had the opportunity to read the whole book, but from the sample I read, I think this is a good self-help book that would be helpful especially for teenagers since they are just starting out in life. It will help shape their thought pattern and ultimately lead them to achieving their dreams.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I gave this one a 4 out of 4 because I thought it was easy to apply what he was teaching, and I did enjoy some of the humor he put into the writing. I enjoyed reading about his own personal faults and how he went about making changes in his life, and I thought what he shared was simple enough so that others could follow through. I liked how he had the opportunity for readers to initial the last page to make a commitment to doing what he had just laid out in the chapter. I did not find anything I did not like about it, and I thought any adult would enjoy the book, but I wished I would have read it when I was younger.
Everything happens for a reason...
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I just have to say that the title made me laugh. Very well chosen
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

I had the pleasure of reviewing this book: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=71276. It needs mild editing, or at least the digital Kindle copy I read did but, otherwise, I felt it was practical, straightforward, and entertaining. I would recommend it to others for sure.
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Laura Del
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-del.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Laura Del »

To me, the book is just hyped common sense. I found it boring and useless. It reminded me why I stay away from self help books.
"Write drunk, edit sober."~Ernest Hemingway
amandathebibliophile
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: Short of Love by Martin Knox

Post by amandathebibliophile »

I didn’t care for the author’s superior tone. I approach self help books with an open mind but this one just didn’t do anything for me. It felt at times like the author was working his way up to selling a motivational program of sorts. I was not a fan of this book at all.
Sophy Chunge
Currently Reading: The Touch
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-centfie.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by Sophy Chunge »

I have not yet read the book, but it has a catchy title with the pun. I will grab a copy to see how good it is inside. I see a lot of people are recommending it.
“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” Stephen King
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy

Post by melissy370 »

This book was a mixed bag for me. The author did have some catchy phrases and the parts on responsibility and changing your thinking is true. However, he didn't really give any concrete ways to go about achieving these things. The repetitiveness was off the charts and there errors throughout. Also, as others have noted, he came off as not genuine in caring, but as arrogant. I gave this book 2 out of 4 stars.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy

Post by melissy370 »

Laura Del wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 17:05 To me, the book is just hyped common sense. I found it boring and useless. It reminded me why I stay away from self help books.
:lol: So true.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”