Which character did you identify with the most?

Use this forum to discuss August 2018 book of the month "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.
Beth KG
Favorite Book: Time and Again
Currently Reading: Practice the Jealous Arts
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth-kg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Re: Which character did you identify with the most?

Post by Beth KG »

Facennagoss wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 13:08 I think I identify with Kelly more as an idea than a character. Forgetting that she is the only significant female, are we not (the British) as a whole, experiencing the trials of her character through the uncertainty of Brexit?
There is so much in this book that can be related to the current climate in many countries! Thank you for your comments!
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-horta-alonso.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by David Horta Alonso »

I loved agent Silver. He is an all round person. I loved his strength and was pissed of by her weaknesses.
Facennagoss
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-facennagoss.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Facennagoss »

Beth KG wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 11:09
Facennagoss wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 13:08 I think I identify with Kelly more as an idea than a character. Forgetting that she is the only significant female, are we not (the British) as a whole, experiencing the trials of her character through the uncertainty of Brexit?
There is so much in this book that can be related to the current climate in many countries! Thank you for your comments!
I think that’s what makes it - it really is scarily close to reality!
keavion98
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by keavion98 »

Kelly because I am going through the same situation. Things I thought were real, and had meaning has none. Therefore, it get out of hand for a person to control their inner self.
CheyenneR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by CheyenneR »

I think I would identify with Agent Silver the most. Even though he starts as somewhat numb to the events around him, he eventually starts to come to his own conclusions and make his own choices and certain people don't like that he is breaking away from the mold that they made for him.
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:

Agent Silver. I could identify with his past and the pains that he feels. In as much as I want him to be punished I had pity on him.
Moinak123-
Favorite Book: The Da Vinci Code
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Moinak123- »

The character of Rex was very superlative although it fits the situation as being a half human in the entire drama ( I would call it as a drama because of the dramatic and convincing characterisation it has) the role of Kelly seems to be more apt to the situations she has faced. In the story, the characterisation of Kelly is more likely to be accurate to the real world when compared with others. :D :D
Beth KG

Post by Beth KG »

Beth KG wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 11:07
David Horta Alonso wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 12:59 I found Rex intriguing since he was half human and half A1 being. I wondered whether such persons exist.
Yes, Rex is an interesting character in many ways!
I think if they don't exist now, there is every possibility they will in the future!
Beth KG

Post by Beth KG »

keavion98 wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 15:11 Kelly because I am going through the same situation. Things I thought were real, and had meaning has none. Therefore, it get out of hand for a person to control their inner self.
I really hope things improve soon for you. It sounds like things are very difficult for you right now. I'm so sorry to hear this.
Beth KG

Post by Beth KG »

CheyenneR wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 15:54 I think I would identify with Agent Silver the most. Even though he starts as somewhat numb to the events around him, he eventually starts to come to his own conclusions and make his own choices and certain people don't like that he is breaking away from the mold that they made for him.
Yes, those are the most hopeful aspects of this story! Thank you for commenting, I like your insights!
Beth KG

Post by Beth KG »

David Horta Alonso wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 01:04 Agent Silver. I could identify with his past and the pains that he feels. In as much as I want him to be punished I had pity on him.
Again, we can't know how we would react to a certain situation or events until we have experienced the same things. I liked his character too, even though he was remorseless in the beginning and I was glad when he began to have a heart again.
Beth KG

Post by Beth KG »

Moinak123- wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 02:55 The character of Rex was very superlative although it fits the situation as being a half human in the entire drama ( I would call it as a drama because of the dramatic and convincing characterisation it has) the role of Kelly seems to be more apt to the situations she has faced. In the story, the characterisation of Kelly is more likely to be accurate to the real world when compared with others. :D :D
You know, I think you are right. She is kind of helpless and must "go with the flow." Probably, what most of us would really do, lol!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Sharon2056 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 07:53 I loved Rex and the fact that he was half human but ended up with so much compassion as that of human, makes him my favorite.
This is nice. It is true that Rex also is a very likable character.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:

Agent Silver. He was as curious as cat and dared to do anything even those outside of his reach.
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

I think Kelly was more relatable to me, she had a solid background which centered her. She was not afraid of Sliver or of asking the difficult questions.

Return to “Discuss "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo”