Is this book good to be adopted in to a movie?

Use this forum to discuss August 2018 book of the month "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.
Power Onyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-power-onyango.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Re: Is this book good to be adopted in to a movie?

Post by Power Onyango »

It could a full action packed and thriller movie. It has nice scenarios that could be interesting to watch.
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

This would definitely be a good movie, but I just hope that too much of the actual story isn't cut out.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Las chicas de Angel Creek
Bookshelf Size: 2397
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I think it would make a great movie and it would have the advantage of reaching more people than just readers because, unfortunately, not that many people like to read. And I´d like to think that the social questions that Gariffo raises in this book could reach more people and make us think about the brainwashing that we live. Although, it would be kind of ironic, to talk about brainwashing using a mass media resource, but it would be the means to an end,
jjmainor
Currently Reading: The House Where Evil Dwells...Thirteen Tells
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry

Post by jjmainor »

Anything would make a good movie if they put the effort into it, but with Hollywood's obsession with existing franchises, they'll probably put unrealistic expectations on it, then claim it as proof people don't want original films when it doesn't meet those expectations.
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Post by Swat3737 »

Absolutely! And I would love to see a prequel of how the Supercorporations were developed as well, that would be fascinating to watch. The action was so thrilling and detailed, I feel like it would be easy to turn into a screenplay.
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Swat3737 wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 14:09 Absolutely! And I would love to see a prequel of how the Supercorporations were developed as well, that would be fascinating to watch. The action was so thrilling and detailed, I feel like it would be easy to turn into a screenplay.
I was thinking the same thing. A trilogy! I'd love to see a World, Incorporated movie, as well as the prequel that might connect the dots a little bit more with present time and focus on the corporations. Maybe if I keep talking about movies I won't get scared it could all happen.... :shock2:
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Manali_DC
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manali-dc.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Manali_DC »

gen_g wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 21:21 With what I know of the premise, it does seem like a great choice to be made into a movie. Furthermore, as many people have mentioned, futuristic thrillers seem to be the rage lately!
Exactly what I was going to say about futuristic thrillers seeming to be the flavour of the season!! And this has a good plot and a good story- so why not!
EvaDar
Currently Reading:

Post by EvaDar »

Lunastella wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 19:04 I think it would make a great movie and it would have the advantage of reaching more people than just readers because, unfortunately, not that many people like to read. And I´d like to think that the social questions that Gariffo raises in this book could reach more people and make us think about the brainwashing that we live. Although, it would be kind of ironic, to talk about brainwashing using a mass media resource, but it would be the means to an end,
I think a movie would work well. I agree that movies reach a much larger audience, and it is sometimes more impactful to have the visuals and sound for people who process visually. I also kept thinking as I was reading through some of the scenes with tech that seeing it all in motion would be really effective, as the time period isn't so far in the future that the tech in unimaginable.
-Nayyirah Waheed
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

It definitely can be a movie! I actually hope someone would like to create it soon. I love post-apocalyptic books and movies and I know I'm not the only one. The only thing that worries me is that they change the story sometimes to make it better for the screen.
“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket
EvaDar
Currently Reading:

Post by EvaDar »

Sen_Suzumiya wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 06:05 It definitely can be a movie! I actually hope someone would like to create it soon. I love post-apocalyptic books and movies and I know I'm not the only one. The only thing that worries me is that they change the story sometimes to make it better for the screen.
Yes, I think it was Cloud Atlas that was a great book, so badly adapted to the screen because of the problem you mention. I guess it is difficult to cover as much territory as is in a book, in a two-hour film.
-Nayyirah Waheed
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

It could be a good movie. Be nice to have something original based on a book, considering all they seem to be doing lately is remaking everything or having a million sequels.
MuthoniMuriithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muthonimuriithi.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MuthoniMuriithi »

Despite the fact that I haven't read the book, I support those who feel it can make a good epic movie.
ROMANS 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I don't think so. But I wasn't all that thrilled with the book. So I will be unlikely to go the the movie if one is made.
Bushra Nasim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bushra-nasim.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Bushra Nasim »

I agree with the opinion that if this book is adapted into a movie, it will be a big hit. But I fear that some of the essential parts of the book may cut because of the short length of the movie.
Irais93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Irais93 »

I’ll like to see it like a movie but I’ll like to see it direct by James wan this book has a lot of fiction and has good arguments and a good story so it will be great seeing like a movie

Return to “Discuss "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo”