I just finished the chapter, "The Hotsy Totsy" and I'm liking it a lot better than the second book. You're right, gali, it's reading a lot quicker.gali wrote: ↑03 Aug 2019, 10:10Nice. I reached page 102, chapter "A crazy dream".
What do you think of it so far? I liked it much better than the second book.
I dislike Bill immensely and hope he will get his just deserves.
I like that each of the diviners is from a different ethnic background, and that the author touches themes of Racism, homophobia, and antisemitism.
The diversity is great here, and I'm glad the author tried to make everyone so different. I'm finding that each of the Diviners is being developed fairly well so far. Maybe we could do a little more of Isaiah, but hopefully his time to shine will come.
Here are some of my thoughts while I read:
- Even though I think it's crazy, I definitely want to see Evie at that asylum where all the murders are happening. I don't want anything bad to happen to her, I just want to see what's happening through her eyes.
- Wasn't Rotke Will's love that died? She was engaged to Jake - did I read that right?
- Also, Mabel's character is surprising me with her involvement with the Secret Six.
- I definitely want to know what went down with Guillaume Johnson more.
- Lastly, finally someone figured out that Ling likes girls!