Origin of Toni's powers

Use this forum to discuss the July 2018 Book of the Month "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base
Nena_Morena
Favorite Book: The Notebook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nena-morena.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Re: Origin of Toni's powers

Post by Nena_Morena »

I think it would make a child more interested in the story knowing some of Toni's Superhero background. It would really captivate the curiosity of young children.
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

Yeah. I definitely think that stating where Toni got his powers would have made the book so much more interesting.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I believe that the plot and or the way that the book is written is just right considering the age group that it is intended for.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Moshea
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Moshea »

I think that the power part a the is good because when a 3-4 year starts to read its will grab their attention And the kind and caring part is grate cause kids would try like to be the writer.
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

Maybe the author will disclose the origin of Toni's powers in the next book she writes about Tony. I think she did this on purpose. I will definitely enjoy that book also.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
kelvinmwaniki17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinmwaniki17.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by kelvinmwaniki17 »

I think the author should not revile where Tony got his powers I think this will make the book more interesting and I think every good story needs a little mystery.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

ea_anthony wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 18:32 I believe R.D Base wanted to show that every child can become a Superhero through good behaviour. I guess most parents would call any child that willingly performs household chores or even just put all their toys in case their own hero. Origin backstory or not, should not detract from the role model Toni the Superhero is being portrayed as.
Yes, I wonder if the superpower might just be Toni's managing to be a really sweet, helpful, interesting kid. So maybe that's the origin of his superpower. I kind of like thinking that average little kids who are striving to do well can feel confident enough in themselves to feel like superheroes. Maybe just my hope. But, a good discussion.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

Eva Darrington wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 19:49
ea_anthony wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 18:32 I believe R.D Base wanted to show that every child can become a Superhero through good behaviour. I guess most parents would call any child that willingly performs household chores or even just put all their toys in case their own hero. Origin backstory or not, should not detract from the role model Toni the Superhero is being portrayed as.
Yes, I wonder if the superpower might just be Toni's managing to be a really sweet, helpful, interesting kid. So maybe that's the origin of his superpower. I kind of like thinking that average little kids who are striving to do well can feel confident enough in themselves to feel like superheroes. Maybe just my hope. But, a good discussion.
Agreed, that's why I believe R.D Base has probably succeeded in making Toni the Superhero the gift that keeps giving.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

I agree with you perfectly. The author must include the source of origin of the book. This will boost the understanding of readers and makes reading interesting. Furthermore, readers gets to know the cultural settings of those group.
JideOla123
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by JideOla123 »

Yes! Very right, a good example he is going to be. Let's create an embellished memory In the kids head. They will always want to be like Toni, because of the benefits in what he has. And i think that's a good one for recommendation and advice.
Alena_Surya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alena-surya.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Alena_Surya »

Can't the origin of his powers be that he was brought up well? His mom or parents instilled good values and ethics in him.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Dael Reader wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 20:23 Isn't every kid a superhero at heart? It doesn't matter whether or not he has supernatural powers. He likes to read! That's the only real superpower you need!
Every kid possess some qualities,which if nourished properly turn a child into a real superhero. In this book we see him wearing superhero costume,but at only one place. So we can predict that his happy contribution to "ordinary tasks" is a real source of his strength as he keeps everyone happy. This is a real source of inspiration for kids.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Alena_Surya wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 22:27 Can't the origin of his powers be that he was brought up well? His mom or parents instilled good values and ethics in him.
I consider this story in a same way. For kids he is a role model character with a good values and ethics. So children can learn from this at a very early stage.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

JideOla123 wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 08:23
Yes! Very right, a good example he is going to be. Let's create an embellished memory In the kids head. They will always want to be like Toni, because of the benefits in what he has. And i think that's a good one for recommendation and advice.
I will be an achievement if children learn good habits through Toni's character. Then this book and Toni's character becomes a source of power for them.

📕📖📰📓📕
jay_2
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-2.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by jay_2 »

I agree with you, but at the same time I’m not sure if I do. Though it would be interesting to learn the origins of his powers, I’m not sure how it would fit in the story. I mean, it’d be cool, yes. But what importance does it have with the book? In all honesty, the origins of his powers are fine by being left out.

Return to “Discuss "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base”