Overall rating and opinion of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base

Use this forum to discuss the July 2018 Book of the Month "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base
stalliongirlke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stalliongirlke.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base

Post by stalliongirlke »

I rate it 4 out of 4 stars and would definitely recommend it to parents and teachers. I find it to be an effective tool for kids to learn how to read as well as teachings on how to be responsible. There was nothing i disliked about the book.
bluegreenmarina
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 1230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluegreenmarina.html
Latest Review: Spontaneous Addiction Recovery by Dr. James Slobodzien

Post by bluegreenmarina »

I think there is definitely an audience for this book and it did well with representing everyday situations that kids would be able to relate to. I would have liked a more direct tie-in to the “superhero” aspect of the character’s personality however.
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

I read and reviewed this book. I rated it 4 stars as I thought it to be perfect for children who are learning to read and write. The repeated words on every page and colorful illustrations make it suitable for the age group this book is aimed at. The lack of a plot does make it a little dull to engage with but also makes it easy to comprehend. In my opinion, this is a must buy for parents of young kids.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
SammiArch
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammiarch.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by SammiArch »

This book is fantastic for beginning readers who are just starting to recognize the corolation between spoken and written words. Colorful pictures, relatable scenerios and a smart, helpful main character, make this the perfect book for little ones. There is nothing to critique when it comes to Toni and his super adventures of reading!
Sammi Arch
Magic_Beans
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pavithra92.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Magic_Beans »

I read the book, I really enjoyed reading the book. I rated the book 3 out of 4 because of its plot.
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

This certainly is a very nice book for early readers📚👦🏻👧🏻📚seems very helpful in value formation too. Studies show that all of us, at a certain young stage, tend to absorb subconsciously everything that we see or hear. That’s why, being exposed to this book, our young readers have the opportunity to take in many, if not all, of the good traits our main character, Toni, exemplifies, thus, would grow acquiring these positive characteristics as well👍😃 Congratulations to Author R.D. Base for a very good, well-thought idea of a subject for this book! It's so deserving of its 4 out of 4 stars rating! Congrats for being #BOTM for the month of July too👏Best regards!
Doug Jones
Currently Reading: Beyond Denial
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doug-jones.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Doug Jones »

Rated Toni the Superhero 4 out of 4 stars. Terrific first reader which helpfully expands a child's vocabulary with simple sentences and clear illustrations. And Toni is a great role model, depicted happily playing with friends and taking responsibility for chores. Those are my grounds for recommendation.
Nothing is more conductive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Ayisha M Ashruf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayisha-m-ashruf.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ayisha M Ashruf »

This one sounds like a great book for children. I enjoy reading children's books ones in a while. It puts me in a feel good place and brings back childhood memories. I would love to read it.
Bavithra M
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-m.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bavithra M »

The book Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base is a perfect book for children.This book circles around a boy named Toni who is a superhero with super powers. The book's illustrations are narrated very beautifully.I rate the book 4 out of 4 because of the simple and beautiful concept of the book.
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

For a super hero series, I think I like the fact that the protagonist actually has a normal life which is good because its a children's book. This way kids can relate a lot better with the story line.
Also I like the illustrations, big and beautiful. I think the fact that most if not all the characters, smile a lot is a plus for kids too.
The author also tried to use the book to teach kids that although its cool to have fun, its important too to help at home too!
Shaza9190
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaza9190.html
Latest Review: Keys to Tetouan by Mois Benarroch

Post by Shaza9190 »

Seems like an interesting book. I will definately add it to my book shelf.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

It's a cute book. The story has a great theme to it. I think this book can encourage other children to be superheroes.
:tiphat:
writer808
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writer808.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Post by writer808 »

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars.I loved the illustrations in the book.The part that i didn't like was the powers of the protagonist could have been a bit more dynamic.
AnonReviewer2211
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anonreviewer2211.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by AnonReviewer2211 »

I reviewed this book a while ago and gave it 4 out of 4 stars. First off, the cover is bright and beautiful. It immediately draws the attention of a child. Also, I really appreciate the fact that the author has made efforts to encourage young kids to engage in outdoor activities alongside helping others.

Sometimes, humanity and selflessness are sidelined while cruelty and cheating are focused on, although in a bad light. I like that they are presented with Toni as a hero who can inspire them to do good deeds themselves and feel appreciated and acknowledged.

So, overall, it is a nice read for young kids. I would definitely recommend it to others.
Dawnks09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawnks09.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Dawnks09 »

I already read this book and this is good for children. There are some beautiful pictures and illustration that younger readers will love. I rate this 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this to those people who have children. This is good for developing early reading skills.

Return to “Discuss "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base”