Overall rating and opinion of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base

Use this forum to discuss the July 2018 Book of the Month "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base

Post by amsula_2018 »

Toni the superhero is definitely for children ages 1-5 years old. It cannot be read to children who are older because most would look for a plot to follow. I gave it a 4 out of 4 stars because it serves its purpose as an educational material. :techie-studyingbrown:
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-horta-alonso.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by David Horta Alonso »

I think the Toni amazing character. He shares a warm relationship with her mum. The love in their family is good to watch. I would give the book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.
Nidaconhh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nidaconhh.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Nidaconhh »

I tested this book on my four-year-old son who loves to wear Batman suit and loves flipping through superhero books, well, he's not interested with the unknown hero. The text is quite hidden due to the colorful background so, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-horta-alonso.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by David Horta Alonso »

I rated the book at 4 out of 4 stars. I loved theillustrations and drawinga therein. They are educating.
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

Melchi Asuma wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 09:09 Considering that this is a bit of a children's book, I had a hard time reading and finding the interest in it. However, the much I did read was impressive and all the illustrations were perfect. So, this book does get my approval of standard of quality.
I think it's great too.
DaishaB
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DaishaB »

This was a 10 for my boys not so much for me. I think they like it because the lil boy had brown skin like them not to mention he did everything they like to do. Nice work!
llpwap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-llpwap.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello

Post by llpwap »

Overall I enjoyed the book. I like the illustrations and that they were colorful. I also liked the fact that the illustrations were easy to understand just by looking at them. It’s hard to keep a small child’s attention focused on one thing for very long and I believe those pictures will help. I really enjoyed the fact that Toni didn’t have a phone or game controller in his hands. Yes, I understand technology is our future and our next generation should be able to operate it, however I simply can’t stand it when the kids and grandkids are in the same room and texting each other. I realize that this book isn’t baby college level but I still think it’s great for parents to use when starting that stage in their child’s life.
Bainisa_14

Post by Bainisa_14 »

It's shows how to became a heroic person even in at young age! I'm gonna read this story for my children!
SMwathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smwathi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by SMwathi »

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I gave it to my son in lower primary school and he enjoyed reading it. He likes the illustrations.
MuthoniMuriithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muthonimuriithi.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MuthoniMuriithi »

This is a very good book for children who are beginning to read. Illustrations have been used as a compliment to the text. This makes me rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Lovestoread3
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Lovestoread3 »

I read and reread "Toni the Superhero" as I wanted to make sure the book was something I would want for a small child. As this could be the beginning of a child's reading habit, we have to get it right. I rate the book 4 out of 4. The thing that stood out to me was the author did an amazing job of mixing a child's imagination with reality. Toni, the Superhero, realized that he had "real life" responsibilities, i.e. helping with dishes, dusting, etc. I found the illustrations to be based on a child, age 0-4 yrs, without any fancy or unnecessary features added. A book worth sharing by parents with their children.
PeaceLoveNature44
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: Cows I Have Known
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peacelovenature44.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by PeaceLoveNature44 »

I give Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base: a 3 out of 4. I thought the book was a good read for kids just learning to read. It goes over sight words and the repetition is helpful for them to learn. My son could repeat the book after the first time I read it to him. The illustrations were nice, and my son said he loved them. He thought the book was great, and that's who I think should be giving the real rating. He may have said a 4 out of 4! I just did the 3 rating because I felt like I wanted to be introduced to him, and see what superpowers he had, and how he used them doing the cleaning and such. But I see the point in showing a super hero is just like everybody else. :)
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Mjm092980

Post by Mjm092980 »

I agree with everyone good book for kids and very good story. I rate it a 5.
Nnamdi Sam
Currently Reading: Ripcord Recovery
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Nnamdi Sam »

I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars.I love the type of illustration the author proposed.i find it relatable and attractive to the little children and also to the parents to help the children in improving their reading and literal skills.
I like to consider Toni my little superman
Georgia Lyonhyde
Currently Reading: A Tale For The Time Being
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgia-lyonhyde.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Georgia Lyonhyde »

I was really surprised to get my hands on a reviewer copy of this book almost two months from when it made book of the month, especially as it is a brilliant read.

I read it to my toddlers to gauge their response and they loved it. The book is bright and beautiful when it comes to the illustrations and simple in the repetitive language it uses, I thought it was great that I could also provide a book that took a character from an ethnic mi parity background that my children could potentially relate to.

The appeal for younger children probably comes from having a lack of a storyline. My youngest is 19 months and generally enjoyed flicking back and forth requesting the names of items in the pictures.

Return to “Discuss "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base”