Should Angela Be Pregnant?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Anthony Martial Tata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-martial-tata.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Should Angela Be Pregnant?

Post by Anthony Martial Tata »

Yes, there are countless sex scenes in the book and notably, most of them result to pregnancy. I think the author has a reason for Angela inability to give birth.
chupke07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chupke07.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by Mitchel Street

Post by chupke07 »

While it seems like the next step, I agree that she probably wouldn't even know yet. It can sometimes take a month or two after conception to figure it out. The pace of the book doesn't exactly allow for someone to think too much about the possibility.
dgallois
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgallois.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by dgallois »

I kept expecting Angela to find out she is pregnant but if you really think about how long they were actually together, it would almost be too early for them to know. So if they are in the next book, I will expect her to be expecting.
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn ~ Benjamin Franklin
Anthony Martial Tata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-martial-tata.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Martial Tata »

Yes, many characters in the book get pregnant and so should Angela. Unless there is a meaning to the contrary.
JHuschle519
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhuschle519.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by JHuschle519 »

There is a part of the book where Alex thinks to himself that they hadn't used protection, and that Angela could be or get pregnant? It's also mentioned that he wouldn't mind if she was. Personally, I like that the author didn't add Angela becoming pregnant into the story. To me it fits in with the idea that they have managed to break the cycle of their past lives, since her situation was not exactly the same as her two past selves.
sarbearah
Currently Reading: Year One
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarbearah.html
Latest Review: Lara's Journal by A. Gavazzoni
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by sarbearah »

I kept waiting for her to find out she was pregnant! I truly thought the cycle wouldn't be able to continue unless she was pregnant with their child. I was kind of disappointed to find out otherwise.

I mean, it is strange though. I already thought that their engagement at the end was a bit rushed, so a baby would have really pushed things over the edge. :P I guess I just wanted symmetry.
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

Anthony Martial Tata wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 07:41 Yes, there are countless sex scenes in the book and notably, most of them result to pregnancy. I think the author has a reason for Angela inability to give birth.
Hm! I totally didn't think about that possibility. It's an interesting idea to have that Angela isn't able to get pregnant for a reason! But I wonder what that reason would be?
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

chupke07 wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 08:19 While it seems like the next step, I agree that she probably wouldn't even know yet. It can sometimes take a month or two after conception to figure it out. The pace of the book doesn't exactly allow for someone to think too much about the possibility.
dgallois wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 13:04 I kept expecting Angela to find out she is pregnant but if you really think about how long they were actually together, it would almost be too early for them to know. So if they are in the next book, I will expect her to be expecting.
Absolutely. The timeframe in which everything happens is extremely narrow. While I was reading, I was keeping tabs on the date, but after all the sex I was just like, SHE HAS TO BE PREGNANT, I MEAN COME ON :lol2: Maybe next book, or maybe not... Now I'm wondering how we'll respond as readers if she isn't pregnant in the next book!
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

JHuschle519 wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 00:20 There is a part of the book where Alex thinks to himself that they hadn't used protection, and that Angela could be or get pregnant? It's also mentioned that he wouldn't mind if she was. Personally, I like that the author didn't add Angela becoming pregnant into the story. To me it fits in with the idea that they have managed to break the cycle of their past lives, since her situation was not exactly the same as her two past selves.
I also considered at one point that she shouldn't be pregant because it would just continue the cycle without putting an end to it (because, I agree, it makes so much sense!). But after a while, I figured that becoming pregant would actually out an end to her cycle. This book really makes me think haha I guess that's why I like it :)
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

sarbearah wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 00:25 I kept waiting for her to find out she was pregnant! I truly thought the cycle wouldn't be able to continue unless she was pregnant with their child. I was kind of disappointed to find out otherwise.

I mean, it is strange though. I already thought that their engagement at the end was a bit rushed, so a baby would have really pushed things over the edge. :P I guess I just wanted symmetry.
I totally understand you. I think I also just wanted symmetry. I mean, they got engaged (incredibly quickly) and had all of the couple fights you'd expect later in relationships, so I figured a baby wouldn't make anything any faster at this point :lol2: But it's true, a baby might have been a bit outrageous, when you really think about it.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I was more concerned about Angela and Alex getting STDs, with the countless amount of unprotected sex they had, and not her getting pregnant.
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

By all means, if Sophia and Fioretta got pregnant, why should she break the mold? I guess probably a baby didn't feature in Angela and Alex's life at this point because it would have complicated their lives more than just a little. For purposes of this plot, maybe Belle Ami was silent on the baby aspect intentinoally. But at least, it should have ended with a hint of a baby or a baby on the way...
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by Yssimnar »

I absolutely assumed Angela would end up pregnant, but then forgot by the end of the book. Angela was way more protected as a female role, in my opinion. She wasn't even allowed to say cuss words like Alex did. The one time it says that she "swore" or something edited like that so we don't know what she actually said.
:wink:
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
Nmadinachi Egwim
Currently Reading: The Mysterious Schoolmaster
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmadinachi-egwim.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by Nmadinachi Egwim »

Without a baby, Angela's character was a handful already, lol. Emotionally unstable and always strained. Kind of even pulled me away from her character... Involving a baby would be so much to deal with. For the characters, Angela and Alex, and for the author too :D... So I think the author knew more than to go down that lane, even though it seemed only practical that she should've been preggo after all the unprotected sex she had with Alex.
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

In any work of fiction, the author is king (or queen) of the work. He/she is a god. The author can choose to kill people or make others fly depending with his/her imagination which is limitless. In this novel, it sounds funny that Angela fails to get pregnant even when it is almost probable. My take on this is that, Angela be be a person of 'luck' and we should not take that away from her.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”