Your favorite scene

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Re: Your favorite scene

Post by crediblereading2 »

The Tuscan vineyard scene is the most memorable for me.
garima597
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 »

I loved the climax of the book where Angela, Sophia and Fioretta together kills the Alberto Scordato. It seems to me the most important scene of the book.
G@RIMA :techie-studyingbrown:
Anthony Martial Tata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-martial-tata.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Martial Tata »

That was my favourite scene as well. I also enjoyed close friendship of Fiorreta and Leonardo.
v i n
Favorite Book: Roadmap to the End of Days
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-i-n.html
Latest Review: Our pastor has gone mad again by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by v i n »

I enjoyed every aspect of the expecially it flow and how the characters are developed. However, the link between the different timeline is actually appealing to every reader.
kelvinmwaniki17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinmwaniki17.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by kelvinmwaniki17 »

I really enjoyed the vineyard scene it was my absolute faviriote in the entire book.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

There are many different scenes that come to mind that could be my favorite when I reflect on this book. But to name one I think that would be the ending of the book when Fioretta, Sophie, Garhard and Guiliano all joined forces so to speak and killed the men that killed them as well as the men that were currently a threat to Angela and Alex. I think that was a great way of showing the effect of Fioretta and Guialino's undying love.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

chelhack wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 08:58 There are many different scenes that come to mind that could be my favorite when I reflect on this book. But to name one I think that would be the ending of the book when Fioretta, Sophie, Garhard and Guiliano all joined forces so to speak and killed the men that killed them as well as the men that were currently a threat to Angela and Alex. I think that was a great way of showing the effect of Fioretta and Guialino's undying love.
I really liked that too.
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

The scene at the restaurant, Il San Lorenzo, on the Via dei Chiavari, near the Campo de’Fiori piazza.
The description of the food, wine and ambience was appealing.

But the meeting between Angela and Fioretta, the daughter of Sophia and Giorgio really got me. As she was described as having Alzheimers it seemed believable that she would be able to remember something from her childhood as though it was yesterday. I felt like the quote at the beginning of the book alluded to that.
Through the dream Angela seemed to be the intermediary between Sophia and Fioretta, allowing
Sophia to be able to assure her daughter that she was loved and forgiven. From what Lucrezia had revealed to
Angela about Sophia I got the impression that the grief she felt with the loss of Gerhard and the intense love and fear she felt for Fioretta made her seem quite harsh. It was very emotional.
pixiequeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixiequeer.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by pixiequeer »

bookowlie wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 19:47 I would say the scene in the Getty Museum where Alex found Angela talking to the Medici painting. It was very unexpected and magical that the man in the painting opened his eyes, turned his face, and looked at Angela. After a flash of light came out of the painting, Angela told Alex in Italian that she loved him and kissed him. This was despite Alex being a stranger to her. Although I admit I rolled my eyes a little, the scene was vividly described and I felt like I was right there. Once I read this scene, I started thinking the book would make a good movie.
This scene, although not my favorite, was wonderfully written and incredibly descriptive, so I do agree that this was one of the most memorable.

However, my favorite scene was the ending scene with everyone finding the painting. I loved how she had described all of the reincarnations being present. There was so much action with Scordato and Enrico, so much build up to what was inevitably going to happen, it was wonderful! I was drinking it all up like the last gulp of water I would ever take for as long as I live 😂
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-horta-alonso.html

Post by David Horta Alonso »

I liked Alex in his pursuit of the stolen painting. This created suspense as to whether he would succeed. Fortunately enough, he recovers the lost painting.
Taekwondoqueen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taekwondoqueen.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by Taekwondoqueen »

I think that my favorite scene has to be when Angela meets and then connects with Fioretta, Sophia’s daughter. It was so wonderful when they held each other after the memory of Fioretta as a little girl. I think I loved it so much because Fioretta finally got confirmation that Sophia still loved her.
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-horta-alonso.html

Post by David Horta Alonso »

I enjoyed the whole book. Angela and Alex dinner dates was the most outsatanding. Their love life was interesting and heart warming.
YOUNG ERIKINA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by YOUNG ERIKINA »

I would say the scene in the Getty Museum where Alex found Angela talking to the Medici painting. It was very unexpected and magical that the man in the painting opened his eyes, turned his face, and looked at Angela.
RT_offscript
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rt-offscript.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by RT_offscript »

My favorite scene is the initial meeting of Fioretta Gorini and Giuliano de Medici. However, I thought that the scene was too similar to the initial meeting of Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy in Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice."
ianfrb77
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ianfrb77.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by ianfrb77 »

bookowlie wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 20:20 You're ten steps ahead of me! When I read the book, I wasn't sure if all of the details about the Medici family were correct. I just googled Giuliano Medici and it turns out he really had a illegitimate son with his mistress Fioretta, and his son grew up to become Pope Clement VII.
That's what I call some well done authorial research.
Transcendens. Humanitet. Ånd.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”