Is this book good to be adopted in to a film?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
v i n
Favorite Book: Roadmap to the End of Days
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-i-n.html
Latest Review: Our pastor has gone mad again by Elijah Oladimeji

Re: Is this book good to be adopted in to a film?

Post by v i n »

Definitely YES, the book needs to be developed into a movie I think it will increase the audience. Also how the characters are developed is very appealing and the switch between the timeline is actually demanding a cinematic expression.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

I think it would make a good movie. It has all the elements necessary to pull it off. It just needs a generous budget.
kelvinmwaniki17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinmwaniki17.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by kelvinmwaniki17 »

Since the book was good I would really love to see the film version and I think it can be done.
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

The plot of the book has enough twists and turns to make for a good movie. The paranormal twist also featuring time travel/dreams that connect the past and the present will also keep viewers glued to the screens. so its a yes from me.
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by Yssimnar »

If it's a movie, it would have to be NC-17 for sure, but it could totally be done!
:wink:
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
Gracedscribe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracedscribe.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Gracedscribe »

I feel that movies could never do justice to a book. As readers, each of us creates, brings to life, and therefore, experiences the book in a very unique way.
The movie brings the book to life on a very different level - most of the time a much less fantastic plane than what we created for ourselves. There are so many considerations of budgeting, casting, setting, and so on, that need to work together. None of it can come anywhere close to what our imaginations could work out.
So my philosophy has always been 'either-or' when it comes to a movie about a book- either watch the movie or read the book!
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 468
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

To make the content of any book (especially fiction) be known far and wide, it is a good idea to make it available in many formats. Adopting books into films is one way because there are some people who do not love reading that much.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
Lizallan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lizallan »

Yes I think it should be used to shoot a movie because of its intriguing plot the romance mystery and suprise its just incredible
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

The book was "fun", I think the movie could be really good. Utilize the different time periods, speed up the plot a little with the focus on the action and the chase for the painting and you have a good thriller. Do what you want with the romance portions. I would leave them out, make it PG-13 and bring in the crowd.
jay_2
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-2.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by jay_2 »

I would say yes. For sure. The book was overall great and I think it’d make a wonderful film. It would draw more of an audience in. Though, I agree about the budget. But yes, I would so love for this to be a film!
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Riszell wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 02:06 I think so. Every good book deserves to come to life.
I agree with this, but execution is everything. At times filmmakers lose the plot in the process and ruin it completely.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

The book can be well acted in the film. You know what they say...a picture is worth a million words, how much more a series of moving pictures.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

I agree with you, the book will be great as a movie, It comprises almost every content there is in a book, more specifically mystery and romance.
RT_offscript
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rt-offscript.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by RT_offscript »

As a fan of historical fiction, I actually watched a Korean drama called "Saimdang" about a year ago; and as I was reading "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci," I can't deny the resemblance.

"Saimdang" is a decent live action series that take place in the Joseon-era. If you would like a small peek into the potential of Belle Ami's work to become a film, I recommend watching "Saimdang." Compared to "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci, however, there is less "sensual heat." Furthermore, the subbed Korean drama consists of 28 episodes that run for about 60 minutes each.
gilbertoevan28
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gilbertoevan28 »

The book should make a lovely movie the title is captivating and the thriller is quite to be compared with da Vinci demons

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”