The Green Valley Gun Show Field Trip

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: The Green Valley Gun Show Field Trip

Post by Jessacardinal »

While it is admirable for Green Valley to offer various trips to the senior residents, I'm not sold on a gun show as an appropriate place for a senior group field trip. While I do not side with taking all guns away from everyone everywhere, I also don't think residents of the home should be allowed to possess firearms. I imagine not all residents are comfortable with guns and wouldn't want them in their homes. I am also quite confident many of the seniors living in the home may not be mentally stable enough to have access to such machinery.
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

I don't think taking people from a senior citizen home to a gun show is appropriate. I don't see any reason why they would need to defend themselves with a gun. Isn't there security there to protect them?
koffi Malay
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

I concur. I can't imagine a nursing home letting a resident keep weapons and ammunition in his room. There are far too many potential problems, and it is a major liability.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

I believe that taking residents from a senior citizen home to a gun show is not suitable. I fail to see a valid reason for them to feel the need to defend themselves with a gun. After all, one would expect that there is adequate security in place at the home to ensure the residents' safety and protection.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”