Movie adaptation?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: Movie adaptation?

Post by Chelsey Coles »

A movie would be SO MUCH BETTER! Especially in scenes where guns are being handled. Reading specific movements and trying to picture it is totally different from actually seeing it on a screen. It would definitely translate as an action movie.
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

There is a movie called countdown that I saw a preview for and it reminded me of this book. With that, I definitely feel like this book would make an intriguingly movie. I can't think of parts that would need to be changed, but all the violence would have to be balanced.
Erandi Ekanayake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erandi-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Erandi Ekanayake »

The plot of this book is rich with all the capabilities to be formed into an awesome movie. Therefore I totally agree with the topic. :D
Stephanie Keener
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swisskeener.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo! & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Stephanie Keener »

I think this book would work well as a movie. The homicide scenes as well as the final scene with Trudi would make for great action scenes in the film. And I fully support Robert De Niro playing the part of Vince!
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

Yes, a movie would be superb. With all the action and scheming, including the political angle that the book adopts, this story would a thriller.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
Sarah J Callen
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Deserving
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-j-callen.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Sarah J Callen »

I don't think I would like to see this turned into a movie because I don't know that it would fit cleanly into any particular genre. I don't think there's not enough action to be in the typical FBI/action bucket, and I'm not sure it's dramatic enough to be in the drama bucket. Because it's in the middle of a few different genres, I think they would have to augment the screenplay in order to make it more commercially appealing and that might detract from some of what makes this story so enjoyable.
koffi Malay
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

The author paints a clear picture of how the VT2 watch appears, works, and is controlled. The author used a realistic setting to make the plot appear very real while also depicting the characters' backgrounds.  So u think it will be perfect idea for a movie adaptation.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I would prefer to watch it as a series. I feel it can work very well as a 8 episodes Netflix series kind of thing. Giving it the proper time, probably a movie would have to leave too much out of the screen.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

While reading the book, I found myself immersed in its storyline, visualizing it as if I were watching a captivating movie. It struck me that with careful plotting and organization, the book has the potential to be translated into a fantastic film. The vivid imagery and engaging narrative lend themselves well to cinematic adaptation, offering the opportunity to captivate audiences and bring the story to life on the big screen.
Van F
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Van F »

Thanks to all of you who have discussed Final Notice as a movie. A screenplay is in the works which would combine Final Notice with Final Act. Sadly, some characters don't work well. I've enjoyed the suggestions for character roles, especially Betty White as the old blind lady at the NRA gathering. Megan Markle would have been a perfect Zoe. I'm not sure if this comment will survive but check out my blog site at vanfleisher.com and enter the monthly contest to choose the characters. Vince, Trudi, Zoe, Vijay, and Jennifer have been cast but there are more to come. Thanks, again. Van
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

With some additions that don't have to alter the plot, I think it would make a great movie. I was literally 'watching' the scenes as I read.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

With some additions that don't have to alter the plot, I think it would make a great movie. I was literally 'watching' the scenes as I read.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”