Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 14 May 2019, 12:45
- 2019 Reading Goal: 20
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 115
- Currently Reading: Becoming
- Bookshelf Size: 52
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristenb.html
- Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone
I think the type of bond these women created is very unique. It's not likely many people have the opportunity to have a group of friends like this. However, I do think that many people might have different types of friends from different activities. Everyone needs an older, wiser friend to guide them, a friend that supports them and takes care of them, and a friend to bring out their wild side.
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 30 Jul 2019, 16:28
- Favorite Book: The Da Vinci Code
- Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
- Bookshelf Size: 31
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sufi-khan.html
- Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Having different personalities in your circle of friends is nice, but not always possible. Being a woman belonging to Eastern culture and background, but a full-time career in healthcare and kids ranging from teenagers to young children meant I had no time to nurture friendships. I realize what a blessing friends are. Friendships happen spontaneously but need active effort and time, like the characters in the story have for each other.
- Posts: 199
- Joined: 24 May 2019, 08:32
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 68
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
- Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas
Various circumstances pulled the women to one another in the book. Ordinarily, everyone is unique, it is this uniqueness that individuals bring into a relationship. With respect to women's relationships, it is this individuality that they bring to the relationships they have with their friends and this appears as though it was deliberate, meanwhile it was unplanned originally. It is great to have an assortment of friends though.