Do the women represent the specific types of friend each woman should have?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2018 Book of the Month, "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.
tristenb
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 115
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristenb.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Re: Do the women represent the specific types of friend each woman should have?

Post by tristenb » 18 Oct 2019, 08:25

I think the type of bond these women created is very unique. It's not likely many people have the opportunity to have a group of friends like this. However, I do think that many people might have different types of friends from different activities. Everyone needs an older, wiser friend to guide them, a friend that supports them and takes care of them, and a friend to bring out their wild side.

Sufi_khan
Favorite Book: The Da Vinci Code
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sufi-khan.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Sufi_khan » 11 Nov 2019, 13:27

Having different personalities in your circle of friends is nice, but not always possible. Being a woman belonging to Eastern culture and background, but a full-time career in healthcare and kids ranging from teenagers to young children meant I had no time to nurture friendships. I realize what a blessing friends are. Friendships happen spontaneously but need active effort and time, like the characters in the story have for each other.

Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Nkoo » 03 Dec 2019, 11:36

Various circumstances pulled the women to one another in the book. Ordinarily, everyone is unique, it is this uniqueness that individuals bring into a relationship. With respect to women's relationships, it is this individuality that they bring to the relationships they have with their friends and this appears as though it was deliberate, meanwhile it was unplanned originally. It is great to have an assortment of friends though.

Return to “Discuss "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings”