- Posts: 1168
- Joined: 04 Feb 2019, 15:00
- 2019 Reading Goal: 40
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 65
- Favorite Author: Garth Nix
- Favorite Book: The Crystilleries of Echoland
- Currently Reading: Breach
- Bookshelf Size: 180
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
- Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren
- Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
- fav_author_id: 4351
I don't know. On the one hand, I was very happy for the diversity that was included and that the non-white characters got some development, but on the other, I feel like the sexuality issues weren't handled properly in the least.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Apr 2019, 16:51
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 12
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leiabutler.html
- Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
This was actually one of the most successful elements of the book.