- Previous Member of the Month
- Posts: 2091
- Joined: 04 Feb 2019, 15:00
- 2019 Reading Goal: 40
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 97
- Favorite Author: Garth Nix
- Favorite Book: A Murder is Announced
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 215
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
- Latest Review: Rogue Genes by Jardine Henry Hart
- Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
- fav_author_id: 4351
I think it could have been risky, but the tension was removed once it was revealed that the only consequence of her actions was that the guy's life was saved. By having her heal so quickly and having the nanite problem be solved in the way the author did, it reduced what could have been a very dramatic and fun concept into a needlessly overdramatic bit of reluctance.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.