- Lilimaster of Bookshelves
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: 17 Jul 2015, 20:19
- 2019 Reading Goal: 52
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 38
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
- Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Bookshelf Size: 474
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hsimone.html
- Latest Review: You & Me & Allergies by Shelly Orloff
- Publishing Contest Votes: 27
Crime is defined as "the literary genre that fictionalizes crimes, their detection, criminals, and their motives." This genre usually involves when a crime is committed and the culprit is known, and it becomes the matter finding/capturing the criminal.
- For some book ideas, check out: https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/crime
Mystery is defined as "a type of fiction in which a detective, or other professional, solves a crime or series of crimes." Usually, this genre involves some sort of secret and trying to figure out "who" was involved with the crime at hand.
- For some book ideas, check out: https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/mystery
Thriller is "characterized and defined by the moods they elicit, giving viewers heightened feelings of suspense, excitement, surprise, anticipation and anxiety."
- For some book ideas, check out: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1112.Best_Thrillers
Horror is defined as "a genre of fiction which is intended to, or has the capacity to frighten, scare, disgust, or startle its readers or viewers by inducing feelings of horror and terror."
- For some book ideas, check out: goodreads.com/list/show/135.Best_Horror ... ror_Novels
If you need recommendations or have suggestions for others, let's discuss here!
I think we can all agree, whether you do a horror/spooky read or not, this month will be an exciting discussion!