Myra and Sergei

Discuss the October 2017 Book of the Month, Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

View Strong Heart on Amazon
alkaMish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alkamish.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Re: Myra and Sergei

Post by alkaMish »

I like people who can express their opinions freely without the fear of being criticized. Both Myra and Sergei are good at expressing their opinions. When people are together, especially as a couple, they tend to do things to make the partner happy, though that might seem to save the relationship at that time, it actually destroys the relationship later. Being honest and not losing yourself in a relationship are two very important for a relationship. Looking at it this way, I feel Myra and Sergei might be a good match.
Radhika_puri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-puri.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Radhika_puri »

Sometimes that can be the case but here they both cannot stand the presence of each other without fighting. So I don't think it can be love maybe just not liking towards each other.
Ebby Brown
Currently Reading: Beneath the Muscle
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebby-brown.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ebby Brown »

I also agree that their conflict was a sign of love, and will lead to a relationship.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

Most people who I don't immediately hit it off with end up being lifelong friends. I think it signals the start of a great relationship, especially as we could see where they start to understand each other and weren't so hostile toward each other near the end.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Debbyemi wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 05:09 Myra and Sergei were always at each other's neck during argument at their initial stage of meeting, when I was much younger, people always say it's a sign of love, could that be true in their case or it's just the sign that they just can't get along. What do you think
It is difficult to say considering just the information we have about them. It's clear that there is a psychical attraction between them, and also they admire each other intelligence. However, they have different points of view regarding the relations between tradition and science. That is a major aspect for them, considering the fact that they are both scientist. I hope they will find common ground!
Vandana Garg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vandana-garg.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Vandana Garg »

I think Myra was a bit prejudiced regarding her opinions and hence, it lead to her fights with Sergei. As for the love connection, it could or couldn't be possible. If two people respect each other's opinions, there is always a chance which is present here.
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Millicent_2
Favorite Book: The Curious Spell of Madam Genova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-millicent-2.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Millicent_2 »

Amagine wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 13:12 I actually liked their interactions with one another. They seemed like they would be a good couple.
I absolutely agree with you. They are definitely attracted to one another but try to deny it. As William noted, Myra isn't used to someone standing up to her and she needs that in her life. Also, Sergei is used to always debating with his father but due to his passing, Myra makes a great opponent for him to constantly debate against because she is very strong and passionate in her beliefs. I just love Myra and Sergei together; they complement each other.
Asja Šabani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asja-sabani.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Asja Šabani »

I thought that Myra's and Sergei's relationship was developing in a rather predictable way. I also didn't like how Myra reacted to Sergei's scientific viewpoints. It is okay if she disagrees, but she took it too personally.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

I think misunderstanding is bound to occur at any early stage of friendship. But as times goes on they get to understand and tolerate each other better.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

BoyLazy wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 05:38 I don't believe in lovers fighting in their initial stages. It is said just to cool off fights. I think it is clear case of different thinking and mismatch and mis-communication between strong characters.
I agree with you on this
Great comment
Miranda Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-alex.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Miranda Alex »

I believe both. Even after a disagreement, you can still like someone. On the other hand, you may find that you can only quarrel with someone.

Return to “Discuss "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon”