Are challenges needed for growth and success

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Re: Are challenges needed for growth and success

Post by ritah »

I don't think one necessarily needs challenges to succeed, I think one can achieve success without it. Challenges aren't a prerequisite for success.
naynag96
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naynag96.html
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles

Post by naynag96 »

Zupanatural wrote:If you choose to look at it in such a way then everything is a challenge. Getting up in the morning, eating the right food, speaking to people, taking on a new project... whatever. You either do it or you don't. The really crucial thing is to embrace your failures & learn from them.

Honestly getting out of bed can be a pain , even more so when you just not ready for the day to start. But it takes extreme amounts of pressure to make the most rear of gems, without challenges life would be mundane, dull and boring . It takes a great challenge to know what we are made of , if you are the type of person who will sink or swim when thrown into deep water.
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

Yes, challenges are definitely needed. A long time ago, I only thought about drawing and writing stories as mere hobbies. However, when I recently decided to take them to the next level, to do something related yet out of the box, I find that I have improved in more ways than one. I definitely don't regret challenging myself because it made me successful in different fields up to now.
Shaimaa
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaimaa.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by Shaimaa »

Debbyemi wrote:In Bluewater Walkabout, the author experienced challenges which she overcame. There is also a popular adage that says "challenges are stepping stones to success". How true is this, and how often do we need challenges to succeed. Is it also possible to succeed without challenges. Share your views about that.
Well, challenges make us strong and mature. With each challenge we overcome, we learn what we exactly want, which is a great motivation towards growth and success.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Job Njoroge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-job-njoroge.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Job Njoroge »

Swara Sangeet wrote:Definitely! Like they say, "Under pressure, efficiency goes up."
I agree when we are pressured we either improve or break
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

Amagine wrote:I absolutely do agree that challenges are needed for growth. If you're not being challenged, you'll never learn and grow.
I agree with this, but I don't think that challenges are needed for success. There are those who (seemingly) have everything handed to them; but also, it really depends on how you are defining "success".
Ash and Stars
Bookshelf Size: 640
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-and-stars.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Post by Ash and Stars »

I feel that we need to be challenged in order to grow. We learn from our mistakes
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Trina Higgs
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trina-higgs.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Trina Higgs »

I personally feel that you really can't go in life without one challenge or another. As others have stated before on this topic, life doesn't exist without challenge of some sort and you can't grow without them. Those that don't really have challenges tend to go through life feeling entitled and just going through the motions.
"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."
J.R.R. Tolkien
n-dai che
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-dai-che.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by n-dai che »

yes, I agree challenges are needed for growth. It is because through that we become stronger, firm and strengthen.
henna sonum rajpoot
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henna-sonum-rajpoot.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by henna sonum rajpoot »

I agree to it hundred and one percent because if you manage to succeed without setbacks and trials you cannot cherish your success as a whole and that feeling of fullfilment and uniquness cannot be felt compared to those who taste the fruit after fortitude.
Ubheeram Nina
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 77

Post by Ubheeram Nina »

Of course challenges are needed for growth. Challenges kill our weak sides.
powergirl
Currently Reading: The One
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by powergirl »

In life you have always to pass through obstacles and challenges in order to grow and become strong for other challenges still to come.Life is about a lot of challenges and anyone has to overcome and develop its own experience of facts.
"To be or not to be that's the question" William Shakespeare
Sincerely
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sincerely.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Sincerely »

Challenges have to be there so that you can learn from mistakes, so that you can be stronger and so that you know your worth because you know the hardwork you've put in and challenges you've overcome to achieve success.
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

I agree that we need challenges in our lives to learn and grow from them! Sometimes they can be very difficult and be discouraging, but that's the moment where you make the choice to benefit from that experience and grow from it.
thisisfinal213
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thisisfinal213.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by thisisfinal213 »

Yes , because they keep life dynamic and let people work for their desires and to achieve their precious goals of life and that is real thing
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”