Are challenges needed for growth and success

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
Joy Christine
Currently Reading: When Things Fall Apart
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-christine.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
Reading Device: B00REQL3AE

Re: Are challenges needed for growth and success

Post by Joy Christine »

I have faced and am facing many challenges in my life, some life threatening. I do think that challenges are needed for growth and success. If your challenges don't make you stronger and more successful then they were only pain for pain's sake and you sadly didn't learn the lessons you were meant to make you a better you.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
Eric77
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric77.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Eric77 »

There is no life without challenges. We all pass through them and our life is shaped by how we deal with them. So I guess the saying is true.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
Samuel12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Samuel12 »

Challenges are needed for growth and success because challenges are like a stepping stones that comes in form of hindrance and a step back to human life,so one needs to overcome the drama in order to step into success.... Challenges will always fight you, but you need to be strong in order to win the Battle......
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

Without challenges one lacks proper experience and may become arrogant in their line of service but that does not mean one can not grow and have success without these challenges.
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

Challenges occur all the time, looking at it from every angle. It's what you make of it and how you act that determines success. Some are able to face it, while others give up.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

Challenges are needed for growth. Life is full of challenges. Some are just smaller than others. How we deal with those challenges and learn from them makes us the person we are.
DDunstock
Currently Reading: Casimir Bridge
Bookshelf Size: 281
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ddunstock.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by DDunstock »

This is a really good, thought-provoking question.
Challenges certainly speed up the growth process, but I don't think they are absolutely necessary. That's what my gut says, but while I type that, I am trying to think of a time I grew without a challenge and nothing is immediately coming to mind. I suppose traveling isn't always deemed a "challenge", but is certainly an experience that illicits growth.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

I absolutely agree that challenge are necesidad. Because they make us realize of our real strength and tolerance level.Also people tend to think out of box while racing a challenge.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Ayisha M Ashruf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayisha-m-ashruf.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ayisha M Ashruf »

Yes, challenges are definitely required. If not, one does not discover. one's potentials
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Yes, Challenges make us mentally strong.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

Absolutely, challenges are needed for growth and success. When in the midst of a challenge, it can often feel overwhelming, pointless, or insufferable. But, when I look back on challenges of my past, I can see the lessons I learned and the roads I chose as a result. All of lead me to a better place and a better understanding of myself and who I want to be, where I want to wind up. Those lessons are invaluable.
MsAlpha
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20752">The Last Wish</a>
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by MsAlpha »

Challenges are inevitable, so I think it's counterproductive to imagine a life without them. If taken the right way, challenges do teach us what works and what doesn't. They keep us in check that we don't become too complacent that we've already done enough and can't do more. But I also agree that challenges are helpful only up to a person's breaking point.
Team Glitch Magic
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Team Glitch Magic »

I think that you do need challenges for growth so you know that you don’t get everything your way. Without challenges there would be no need to get a job because there were no challenges where you had to earn money.
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

Yes, challenges are a necessary part of any success journey. When you are challenged, you are asked to become more than you were. That means creating new perspectives, acquiring new skills, and pushing boundaries.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I 100% agree with this statement. When it comes to overcoming challenges and obstacles, I definitely think they are necessary to grow and develop. I believe that a person needs to step out of their comfort zone and overcome some kind of hardship or try new things in order to really change and grow as a person. I think that without any challenges at all, a person could get very bored and feel unfulfilled. However, too many challenges can be stressful or overwhelming so I think there needs to be that balance.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”