Does Africa have the richest cultural heritage

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
charlesjr2
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesjr2.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Re: Does Africa have the richest cultural heritage

Post by charlesjr2 »

I would have to agree with you Debbyemi, Africa has a lot of rich cultural heritage, but I can't really say if it has the richest due to my lack of exposure to other cultures
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Debbyemi »

charlesjr2 wrote:I would have to agree with you Debbyemi, Africa has a lot of rich cultural heritage, but I can't really say if it has the richest due to my lack of exposure to other cultures
Thanks for agreeing with me Charlesjr2. More exposure on our part will really be needed before we can come to such conclusion.
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-0719672189.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Post by 0719672189 »

The countries in Africa all have very diverse cultures and when all a put together one could say it is a continent rich with culture.The rest of the continents i believes have the same riches in culture though all in their unique ways.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Onyinyechukwu
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechukwu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Onyinyechukwu »

There is diversity in Africa, we have a beautiful culture. Still I believe that every continent has beautiful culture too. It might be diversified but difficult to recognize by an outsider. I can't say if Africa has the richest cultural heritage, but I can say we have a rich heritage.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Lest92 wrote:I think it's relative. Every country prides themselves on their heritage and history and none of them are poorer than the other.

You're absolutely right, Lest92.

Besides, it beats my imagination trying to figure out what indices are used to measure cultural heritages and how this assumption became popular.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Mikimo
Currently Reading: Bad Choices Make Good Stories
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Mikimo »

I don't think Africa has the richest cultural heritage because there are also a lot of countries who are rich in cultural heritage. Each country has unique cultural heritage, so it hard to say that Africa is the richest.
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:

Post by Debbyemi »

Onyinyechukwu wrote:There is diversity in Africa, we have a beautiful culture. Still I believe that every continent has beautiful culture too. It might be diversified but difficult to recognize by an outsider. I can't say if Africa has the richest cultural heritage, but I can say we have a rich heritage.
Exactly Oyinyechukwu. Africa do really has a rich heritage, but it's difficult to say it's the richest without having any statistics to back it up.
Btowntheatregal
Currently Reading: Never Let Me Go
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-btowntheatregal.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Btowntheatregal »

I think this is a really interesting question, but a tough one. How do you quantify cultural heritage? I am third generation born in the United States; however, my Middle Eastern and Italian roots are still very strong and can be seen in my family. I think that cultural heritage in rich within the lives of those people who have chosen to continue to embrace it and may not be seen at all within those who choose not to. It is rich if it is alive.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:

Post by Debbyemi »

[quote="Btowntheatregal"]I think this is a really interesting question, but a tough one. How do you quantify cultural heritage? I am third generation born in the United States; however, my Middle Eastern and Italian roots are still very strong and can be seen in my family. I think that cultural heritage in rich within the lives of those people who have chosen to continue to embrace it and may not be seen at all within those who choose not to. It is rich if it is alive.[/quote

Wow, Btowntheatregal, you have put it so plainly. "It is rich if it is alive". I like that way of thinking, can't agree more.
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mumoscar »

I have seen different cultures and belief all are unique in their own ways. I may not say Africa has the richest heritage because I haven't been to the grass root of other cultures.
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html

Post by GPM »

Every continent has something to offer. I haven't read a journal to literally answer your question. It is interesting to know.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:

Post by Debbyemi »

mumoscar wrote:I have seen different cultures and belief all are unique in their own ways. I may not say Africa has the richest heritage because I haven't been to the grass root of other cultures.
Wow, will love to see other cultures too.
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

That would be a great yes. I admit I haven't experienced life outside Africa, but at least I know what it is like from what I see. And remember the question here is cultural heritage, so I say yes.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:

Post by Debbyemi »

Atabon Della wrote:That would be a great yes. I admit I haven't experienced life outside Africa, but at least I know what it is like from what I see. And remember the question here is cultural heritage, so I say yes.
I like how great your yes is. Mine aren't so great since I haven't experience life else where. But I know Africa has a rich cultural heritage. Thanks. :D
Riptidemom8
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riptidemom8.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Riptidemom8 »

I believe all heritage is rich. Learning about different cultures and makes you more appreciative of all heritages.
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”