What are some of your best memories?

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

What are some of your best memories?

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

I find that for most, the best memories are always found in the childhood period, is this true?
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I have so many great memories. Times with extended family are wonderful, both as a child and an adult. Our travels, especially introducing our children to new things. I have fond memories of simply playing with my kids when they were young.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
geoffrey ngoima

CatInTheHat wrote:I have so many great memories. Times with extended family are wonderful, both as a child and an adult. Our travels, especially introducing our children to new things. I have fond memories of simply playing with my kids when they were young.
I hope to get all of that 1 day, CatInTheHat, sounds like quite the life
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

I have amazing childhood memories that I cherish and think about often that cause my heart to swell. Mostly with my parents, but becoming a mother myself and all the memories I have made with my son have been memories that complete me in a way that nothing else has in my life. I think that it is true that memories we have from any time period throughout our lives make for a beautiful dose of happiness at any given time though!
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

My best memories come from childhood. Those were the good days...
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

I have some great memories from childhood, mainly about being carefree with nothing to worry about, and holidays at the beach were the highlight of the year. As an adult Ive made some very different but still great memories, but with day to day stress its easy to forget about them, or not dwell on them as much which is a shame. Seeing a jaguar in the wild, as well as releasing endangered parrots back into the forest was quite memorable.
geoffrey ngoima

We have had bits of shakedowns here in African that had made us watch our houses/lives/families go down in flames, and reading thru your comments make me appreciate the good times, and look forward to the good times..
jwalker73
Currently Reading: The Good Mother
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwalker73.html
Latest Review: The Truth About Parallel Lines by Jill D. Block
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jwalker73 »

I have many enjoyable memories that I often revisit in my mind, however my most memorable experience is one from my teens and is quite simple. I remember galloping my horse along the beach - and that sense of freedom and forgetting everything that was worrying me was indescribable. It was like nothing else existed but my horse and me, the wind blowing through my hair and the sound of hooves on the damp sand. It was a temporary escape from reality.
geoffrey ngoima

jwalker73 wrote:I have many enjoyable memories that I often revisit in my mind, however my most memorable experience is one from my teens and is quite simple. I remember galloping my horse along the beach - and that sense of freedom and forgetting everything that was worrying me was indescribable. It was like nothing else existed but my horse and me, the wind blowing through my hair and the sound of hooves on the damp sand. It was a temporary escape from reality.
:mrgreen:
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:I find that for most, the best memories are always found in the childhood period, is this true?
Not necessarily. I have very fond memories from when I was a child, yes, but I have made some great ones as an adult as well. The birth of my children and marrying my soulmate are, of course, some of my fondest. ❤️
geoffrey ngoima

Christina Rose wrote:
geoffrey ngoima wrote:I find that for most, the best memories are always found in the childhood period, is this true?
Not necessarily. I have very fond memories from when I was a child, yes, but I have made some great ones as an adult as well. The birth of my children and marrying my soulmate are, of course, some of my fondest. ❤️
Waw.....
:tiphat:
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

My best memories, when we are altogether around in the table. Eating the bestbwe have.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
geoffrey ngoima

readandsmile wrote:My best memories, when we are altogether around in the table. Eating the bestbwe have.
Maybe you'll invite me to eat the bestbwe one day :)
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

I had some good childhood moments, but they're not my fondest memories. 2014 was the best year of my life - I had good friends, nobody died and life seemed promising.
geoffrey ngoima

Lest92 wrote:I had some good childhood moments, but they're not my fondest memories. 2014 was the best year of my life - I had good friends, nobody died and life seemed promising.
Sorry for the losses of yesteryear,... hail 2014!

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”