What is your unforgettable experienced at sea?

Discuss the September 2017 Book of the Month, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel by Tina Dreffin.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

View Bluewater Walkabout on Amazon
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Re: What is your unforgettable experienced at sea?

Post by Amagine »

kandscreeley wrote:I personally love cruising. I love being on that open water with absolutely no land in sight. It's an amazing experience. To see a sunset or sunrise at sea is something else.
That sounds so awesome! It makes me want to go on a boat even more now!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Oh, jellyfish, I experienced it too. It's too bad and itchy. I don't like jellyfish, it looks lovely yet dangerous .
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

Jem Tomarong wrote:Oh, jellyfish, I experienced it too. It's too bad and itchy. I don't like jellyfish, it looks lovely yet dangerous .
Jellyfish do look so pretty though!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Juliet Esther »

I have never been to the sea cause i live in a place where we're surrounded by the ocean, I'm scared of the water but nevertheless i would love to go to the sea one day
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

Juliet Esther wrote:I have never been to the sea cause i live in a place where we're surrounded by the ocean, I'm scared of the water but nevertheless i would love to go to the sea one day
I think going to the sea would be a good experience

KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

An older friend of mine invited me to my maternal town in Bonny Island. It was my first visit and the idea of a sea travel soaked me with ambivalence. The one hour journey went well until out of the blues, a mighty sound of a trumpet shattered the otherwise quiet three- decker boat. I had come out from the middle deck to the upper one at the instance of my friend to enjoy the fresh sea air at this time. Apparently, this is the normal way warnings are sent to smaller boats so that they will get to safety because of the turbulent waves the bigger boats create as they approach the shore. But I was so shaken by the sound that my attempt to get back inside the boat was uncoordinated and could have easily thrown me into the sea. While my friend was excited and introduced me to her friends in the communty, all the while my burden was how to make the return journey in safety.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
jwalker73
Currently Reading: The Good Mother
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwalker73.html
Latest Review: The Truth About Parallel Lines by Jill D. Block
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jwalker73 »

I was part of a whale rescue - 50 whales beached. We couldn't get them back into the water where they were due to tides so they brought a crane and trucks and we loaded them onto the truck one at a time, kept them wet and took them to the jetty which entered to mouth of the sea. We then put them in the water and swam by their side guiding them into the ocean. Amazing experience!
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

jwalker73 wrote:I was part of a whale rescue - 50 whales beached. We couldn't get them back into the water where they were due to tides so they brought a crane and trucks and we loaded them onto the truck one at a time, kept them wet and took them to the jetty which entered to mouth of the sea. We then put them in the water and swam by their side guiding them into the ocean. Amazing experience!
That is an amazing experience! Thank you for saving our whales!

Bettychi55
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettychi55.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Post by Bettychi55 »

I have never been to the sea though I hope to one day. Hope is all fun and adventurous. I however think it might be boring if you travel alone.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by shish_by_design »

Never been to sea. Hope to experience it someday.
DShore
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dshore.html

Post by DShore »

jwalker73 wrote:I was part of a whale rescue - 50 whales beached. We couldn't get them back into the water where they were due to tides so they brought a crane and trucks and we loaded them onto the truck one at a time, kept them wet and took them to the jetty which entered to mouth of the sea. We then put them in the water and swam by their side guiding them into the ocean. Amazing experience!
That is just amazing! I can't believe you saw that happen.
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

Amagine wrote:I've never been to see but I would love to experience it someday!
Me, too. I hope it will come true!
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

I've been to rivers, oh wait. That quick boating experience on a speed boat in Labuan Island. It's fun and the sea breezes are hot yet refreshing. I like watching sunset and seagulls in the sea on a boat.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
Jax14
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Thursday Murder Club
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jax14.html
Latest Review: Lost on the Edge of Eternity by Jonathan Floyd
Publishing Contest Votes: 2
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Jax14 »

We were going deep sea fishing early one morning with a skipper we had never been out with before. This was my first time and I was quite nervous and listened very carefully to the safety checks and where the weight needed to be distributed in the boat. Our river mouth is the third most dangerous in the country to go in and out of if you don't know the waves and tides. This particular morning the skipper hit a swell that was breaking and should have hit it a few seconds earlier. The wave hit the boat and I went flying backwards towards and almost over the engines. My husband literally caught me in the air by my scarf. If my scarf hadn't gone flying I would have been thrown out of the boat right where the propellers were and probably been chopped up a bit. It was a very long and surreal moment being thrown into the air and just watching my family's faces as I flew past them. I even remember thinking that I was finished until my head snapped backwards! Thank heavens for my husband's quick thinking!
Zupanatural
Currently Reading: The Book of Strange New Things
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zupanatural.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Zupanatural »

Not so pleasant but I remember going across the Irish Sea in a ferry as a kid during a huge storm. The ferry was packed & people were vomiting everywhere. In fact, there was so much that it was running over the floor from left to right and then back again. Nice, huh? :D
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Return to “Discuss "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin”