What is more important luxury or family?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
AUGUSTINE OBIKWELU
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is more important luxury or family?

Post by AUGUSTINE OBIKWELU »

The more you see the more you lesson .The most important is "Family".Family is everthing luxurious to ones life .
Ijoma victor

Post by Ijoma victor »

I think family is more important cause what is luxury if you can't help family with it it
Macjose
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul

Post by Macjose »

Family can never be replaced with money or luxury, they will all finish and your family will remain to pull you up when you are down
Abee44sting
Currently Reading: Endgame
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Abee44sting »

Family for me comes first, because I have seen a lot in this world to know that family is the biggest luxury there is.
It can be relative though, but for me my family comes before anything else.
Ehartl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ehartl.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Ehartl »

Considering quality of life, family is the most important. Having people that love you for you can not be equaled. Luxury/money won’t love you, but family will.
Kyomugisha Nawali

Post by Kyomugisha Nawali »

True,family will stand for you all your entire life while everyone has left even when you become poor and therefore luxury should make us forget our families because their our everything.
sofyshah
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by sofyshah »

I choose family,cause without family am nothing in this life.Family brings happiness in the house,full of joyous
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Popcorn1 »

If ever I'm given the choice to chose between the two, I'll definitely choose family. Luxury can make you live in an easy and comfortable life but it lacks the love and support that a family can give.
eryk516

Post by eryk516 »

Excitedreads wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 06:13 I'd pick family... i wish I could have them both, but i truly believe there's no worth in having a bunch of money to spend, and no one to spend any time with. It'd be a lonely existence. And the more money you have, fhe higher the likelihood that the people around you become fake... at least that's my opinion
Your right! We can't live without our family.
KateM234
Currently Reading: Betrayal in Blue
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katem234.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by KateM234 »

Well, the saying goes, "you can't pick your family", and I feel that this is the tricky part of your question. I am fortunate to be close with my family and couldn't imagine going without them so I would chose family every time, but I know many people who are not as lucky and would chose the luxurious life away from their hateful family any day!
Magennikole

Post by Magennikole »

Family is way more important to me because luxury can be lonely to some without family and friends. Also, you never really know how much time you have with family members so you need to take advantage while you have the chance.
ghostrider17

Post by ghostrider17 »

I think that luxury and family go hand in hand, and are not mutually exclusive. Having a good family is a luxury of it's own, and can lead to greater luxuries in the future. Most people with a stable and loving family strive for luxury in order to sustain the family and support them. Without family, luxury is not nearly as meaningful, and cases to fully exist.
angiejack456
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angiejack456.html
Latest Review: Arsenic and Old Men by Glenn Ickler

Post by angiejack456 »

When we leave this life, it will not matter how "luxurious" our experience was. What will matter are the relationships we shared and the people we loved.
Macjose
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul

Post by Macjose »

In all things family should always come first it should be the priority, luxary fades,but family can not.
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

I would choose my family over luxury any day of the week. While it's always nice to have nice things, it's certainly not a priority. Even without a luxurious lifestyle, I still have way too many excess things in my life. I can live with just the essentials as long as I have my family with me.

I know that's not the same choice everyone would make. I'm just a big believer in the idea that everything that glitters isn't gold.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”