Are your lover worthy of your love?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Re: Are your lover worthy of your love?

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

ritah wrote:I'm single and haven't really focused on receiving love from someone else. I love myself and I think that's enough, and the best part about that is... I don't need to ask for permission to chase a dream(career) and that I also won't wake up one morning and leave myself to chase "bigger" opportunities. I think I can trust myself with that. :)
I don't think you can really love someone else unless you love yourself first. Especially in the sense of long-term love commitments, such as marriage.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

I agree with you CatInTheHat. Being alone forever is missing the opportunities of being happy by having someone in your life. But, there are also people that are gifted with celebacy.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Onyinyechukwu
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechukwu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Onyinyechukwu »

There are many criteria that come to mind, I will like to see and be my self. Love transcends self, so I suppose selfless love May trip me up, but another quite irresistible is returned love. I won't say, the lover decides that. God loved me when I wasn't worthy of His love and human love must have elements of God's love to be complete. After all, we love people who we know are not perfect.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
EDDY OKOTH
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by EDDY OKOTH »

yea i would be glad if she is my lover worthy
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1693
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

I don't know why I'm worthy of love LOL. I'm in bad shape, I'm far from rich and I don't like going out often at all. However, I'm extremely laid back, patient and hate drama. My fiancee is the same, so all of those qualities end up being positives instead of negatives to her. As to why she's worthy of love, I could go on forever. She's kind, she's tough, she stands up for herself and me and she's taught me to stand up for both of us as well (I used to be extremely passive). She's very giving and always thinks of me first with everything. She loves playing games with me and she's funny, and we like the same things. She's also the most honest person I've ever met, and she's a great cook!
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Jully
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jully »

I am worthy of his love but he really doesn't deserve my love. He used to be a great partner until when he started mixing with bad company of friends, they have bad influence when they are with him and this makes me hate all of them hence it creates quarrels most of the time, he gives his friends first priority and I really feel bad because respect in a relationship is a two way traffic. Both of us have to be mutual for a healthy union.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

readandsmile wrote:My lover is worthy of my love. I understand who she is, there are flaws but when you love someone , you will totally accept the person. Love is all about care, understanding and respect.
well said . I agree. In love, flaws don't matter
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Nobody is ever really worthy of love. If it would be the opposite then people would have the permission to at will deny love and give it, doing it for selfish or whatever depraved reasons
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Darakhshan Nazir

El-kanah wrote:Yes they are, because they are the ones who stood by me in my times of trouble.
I agree. Your lover are the one who stand by you
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

CataclysmicKnight wrote:I don't know why I'm worthy of love LOL. I'm in bad shape, I'm far from rich and I don't like going out often at all. However, I'm extremely laid back, patient and hate drama. My fiancee is the same, so all of those qualities end up being positives instead of negatives to her. As to why she's worthy of love, I could go on forever. She's kind, she's tough, she stands up for herself and me and she's taught me to stand up for both of us as well (I used to be extremely passive). She's very giving and always thinks of me first with everything. She loves playing games with me and she's funny, and we like the same things. She's also the most honest person I've ever met, and she's a great cook!
Wow! I admire how you turn your supposed weaknesses into strengths with your fiancee. And congratulations for having a lovely fiancee. She is fortunate for having you too.
Darakhshan Nazir

Lovers stand by each other time in hard times. That makes them worthy of each other
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:Lovers stand by each other time in hard times. That makes them worthy of each other
I really agree! :lol: You will be comforted and vice versa as well as both of you draws some strength. :tiphat:
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

All the answers are amazing. It is apparent that the worthiness of a lover is not about his or her perfection but it is more on how both parties understand and accept each other.
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

I think that being the best you, you can be for the one you choose and others makes you worthy of love. I am going on 8 years married, and to this day I have never believed I am worthy of my husbands love because I love him. I think that positive energy sent into the world makes one worthy. Respect, honesty, and empathy are vital traits I would list of someone worthy of love. I have different views on most things, so please no one think I am downright disagreeing with any point made. My husband is absolutely my best friend, but before him the title belonged to a acquaintance from high school. We did horrible things to each other for reasons I cannot even remember, so when I sit and think I'm worthy or he is worthy because we are best friends, I remember all the moments with said acquaintance. I know people see it as a different kind of love, but shouldn't all love we give out be going to someone we deem worthy? Does that mean when their "worth" is used up we take it away? Does that make us unworthy to give love then if we can so easily decide to snatch it back? My husband is worthy of love because he is a person. I am worthy of love because I am a person. All too often I see people decide people that are not like them are not worth anything, and that is a sad thing to me because regardless, they are a person. That branches into people though and good vs bad, and who defines what a good person is and what a bad person is. Which circles back to what a worthy person looks like? I question everything, I apologize. I agree with everyone above, in a sense, but for me it is quite a complicated question! Nice post!
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
King Fisher
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-fisher.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by King Fisher »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:All the answers are amazing. It is apparent that the worthiness of a lover is not about his or her perfection but it is more on how both parties understand and accept each other.
I totally agree with you, it all boils down to understanding of each other.

-- 31 Aug 2017, 06:50 --
Donnavila Marie01 wrote:All the answers are amazing. It is apparent that the worthiness of a lover is not about his or her perfection but it is more on how both parties understand and accept each other.

-- 31 Aug 2017, 06:51 --
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”