Life Without Your Parents?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)

Could you live without your parents?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 119

Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Life Without Your Parents?

Post by Clinical1 »

My mother died when I was 5-years old. I have very little recollection of ever living with her. I have no pictures of us together.
I lost my father 2 years ago. That was difficult since he was my only parent.
Elzaavdolli1
Favorite Book: Keini and Abeli
Currently Reading: Something About Ann
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Elzaavdolli1 »

I am lucky, I am 40 years old and I have both parents alive. I have to thank Lord because they are very important for me
srija chatterjee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by srija chatterjee »

See its very obvious thing that from childhood we are growing with help of our parents. So it becomes very difficult for us to think of a day without our parents. but we also know that our parents will not stay with us forever, so they try hard to make us independent and stand on our own legs.Now if we always think about the hardship of loosing our parents we will never able to survive in this world.This will also proof our parents a looser as they have not able to prepare us properly to survive i this world. Yes loosing our parent is a very hard thing to accept but we should move on in our life.
tubak

Post by tubak »

i cant think my life without parents ....parents are big blessing for me....
Emmanuel2g

Post by Emmanuel2g »

Amagine wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 21:48 Could I live without my parents? Absolutely. Even after they die my life will have to continue on once I'm done grieving. Do I want to live without my parents? Absolutely not.
yes you have to continue because u need to achieve your goal
Emmanuel2g

Post by Emmanuel2g »

CatInTheHat wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 08:42
sophiemer642 wrote:In the book, "The Expansion" by Christoph Martin, Max, the main character, loses his mother and father.

What would you do without your parents? Would life be more difficult or easier for you?
Well, I think anyone "can" but "can" and "want" are two different things. I cannot imagine my parents having not been there for me growing up but if something would have happened to them, I would have made it with the help of other family an friends.

As a "middle aged" adult, who still has both parents alive, I will be very sad when they are no longer in this world. I talk to them daily and see them monthly (they live about 4 hours away). I will survive but I'm sure there will be a hole in my heart. Together, our family will get through it.
yes it will be difficult but u have to move on
Emmanuel2g

Post by Emmanuel2g »

i lost my daddy wen am 10 is not easy i miss him so much but i have move on
clintonrodrigo

Post by clintonrodrigo »

so difficult though right now i live with a single parent; a dad
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

Izesicle wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 16:07
Amagine wrote:Could I live without my parents? Absolutely. Even after they die my life will have to continue on once I'm done grieving. Do I want to live without my parents? Absolutely not.
I second this. I have lived without my parents when I left home for school years ago. I would love to live with them again so I can stop adulting :)
These, right here are exactly what I was thinking put into words. :tiphat:
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
Meaghanod12

Post by Meaghanod12 »

I can’t even imagine losing my parents. They do so much for me, although I’m not dependent on them anymore. Growing up they provided, not on physical and financial support, but also emotional and psychological support. They show you love, compassion, and care that develops you into the person you are. They make you you. I can’t imagine not having my parents , the people who developed me into the person I am today, in my life:)
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

It's hard. I lost my mom so I am pretty close to my dad. I know I'm going to have a hard time if he dies. You have to go on though. Especially when you have kids counting on you.
:techie-studyingbrown:
pito27
Currently Reading:

Post by pito27 »

God is everything I needed. Some are there with their parents but their lifestyle has no meaning. ButBut life with God is the best. ..
Wahu_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wahu-m.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Wahu_m »

Yes I could live without my parents, but every child needs a caregiver, and that I could not survive without.
forreal123

Post by forreal123 »

in the absence of my parents I can live but life is more enjoyable living with my parents because their my first support to achieve my dreams.
Fayie Warui

Post by Fayie Warui »

Yes I could....but every child needs someone to takecare of him or her and also the parent's love

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”