Is Suicide Ever the Answer?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Re: Is Suicide Ever the Answer?

Post by jennyd2003 »

Suicide is not the right thing to do. It may seem like the only way out of a tough situation or time of trouble. All the ones left behind have a hard time trying to figure out what happened, what went wrong, or how they could have helped. My daughter was suicidal but thankfully received help before she acted on her plan.
Barbiedole
Currently Reading: The One (The Only One) #1
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbiedole.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Barbiedole »

Suicide is never the answer. There's always a Plan B, if we stay hopeful.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Chuks Daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-daniel.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by Chuks Daniel »

Suicide option implies defeat and anyone that is alive has not been defeated.Suicide is never an option.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Oliver Ekaso
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-ekaso.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Oliver Ekaso »

People do it everyday. People you never expected,which leaves me thinking suicide is a result of mental imbalance.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

Suicide is never an answer. I think however, that suicide is on the increase because people are gradually become more introverted in our time. We have neighbors whose names we do not know after five to ten years of close proximity. Our greetings are often a cursory nod of the head and the reply to the occasional 'How are you?' we ask is often unheard as the inquirer has already moved on. That said, people also have personal reasons for wanting to maintain their privacy which I respect. However, I think all of us as individuals must find an avenue to let out our frustrations, fears and failures. it can be family, friends, co-workers, a humanitarian group, a shrink... . We must try to find help when we feel overwhelmed. And if people reach out to us and we can't help, let us try to point them in the direction of someone who can (with their permission, of course). Too long a response,...forgive me. Blessings.
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Cloe101 »

No, it definitely isn't the answer.
What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

I have known people who have committed suicide. It is hard to sometimes deal with problems in life. I, for one, have depression and suicidal thoughts are always there like an option. That option is always blinking as if to say "pick me, pick me". The only thing that divert your attention on that switch is distraction. Friends, hobby, job, anything that takes your mind off the problem. Suicide is never the answer but it is answer to some.
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

Suicide is such a touchy subject. No one ever truly knows what the other is going through but I think a better alternative is just to "see what happens". I've dealt with survivors of suicidal attempts and I know for a fact it isn't fair of us to just outright deem them weak. It takes a certain amount of strength to decide on taking your own life. It's not an easy decision. That being said, I don't think killing one's self will accomplish anything but in that moment, people don't think of anything but ending the suffering.
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html

Post by Doaa Wael »

Suicide is NEVER the answer. Maybe times are rough, but before you get conceived, do you know how many odds you had to beat in order to be created and born? To throw all that away and end your life before you complete the years you were given when you were created. It is like hitting exit before you get a game over. it is a declaration that you couldn't do it. But I think you can, you can always fight the odds and if you are tired of fighting, you can seek support. There are lots of beautiful people out there seeking help. With little patience and a lot of determination, you can overcome any challenge you have. and with a little bit of faith in yourself. you can achieve whatever you set your mind to.
Imagination Trumps Reality.
KeriCraven
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kericraven.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by KeriCraven »

I have always heard that suicide is a long term answer to a temporary question. Recently, the lead singer of Linkin Park died by suicide. The world has lost a great singer. I loved Linkin Park and Chester Bennington. I have made it kind of my mission to reach out to other fans who are dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts to try and make sure they know that they have someone to talk to. When the lead singer of Nirvana died by suicide, the world saw an epidemic of copy cat suicides. I was afraid with how many fans that Chester Bennington had that there would be another epidemic. This is why I wanted to become vocal and reach out to anyone I could.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I believe suicide is never the answer, I think there is always someone to help you through things even when no one seems to be there. I have always been able to turn to God, but for the non-believers maybe therapy, best friends, family, just anyone you trust to talk to.
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

It is for some and with good reason. There are times when we all feel trapped and feel that no one cares. I believe it is always good to talk to someone about it when you do feel like that.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
CaseyLaundrie
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by CaseyLaundrie »

I have personally contemplated suicide in the past. Obviously I decided against it, but at the time it seemed like a viable option, and a tempting one at that. However, now that I've sought help and am steadily taking my prescribed medication, I see it as dodging a massive bullet. (No pun intended)
I can see that even though my depression is fairly severe, there are always things to keep living for - and people who need us.
In short, suicide is never the answer. <3
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

@CaseyLaundrie It is hard when life is bad enough to think about ending it. I'm sorry you went through that and I'm glad you got help and are continuing to get help. I tried once when I was much younger to take a bunch of pills. I ended up in the hospital sleeping for three days, then I had to stay for another two weeks. It was horrible and now that I'm grown I'm glad it didn't work. I understand the struggle is real and that's why I'm sticking to it's never the answer.
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Silvermoon »

Yes, I was close to someone who was so broken he killed himself. It was a tragedy that was so unnecessary, because with time, the situation would have healed. At least from my point of view, it seemed fixable. I still miss him, he had such a beautiful soul.
Yes, there are times that an exit from this realm of existence is understandable. When someone is in so much physical pain and there is no help for them, I perfectly understand the desire to move on. A person's life is their choice, and even if we don't agree or understand and it causes us pain, it is their life and their choice.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”