Best friends

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Shereadsalot
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Best friends

Post by Shereadsalot »

They love you unconditionally. I don't have many friends but there are a few who truly enjoy my shy but vivid company. They are the favourite flowers in my garden.
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

Leyla wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 01:56 I used to think I had many friends. It was when life changed that I realised who my true friends were. And those friends, I treat as I would want them to treat me. With love, respect, kindness, truthful, understanding.
Wow, I saw this and was yup, me. I felt like when I was younger, I had so many friends, even though, I only had a close few. I think it's because we were always hanging out. And now, being older, life is so different for all of us, and the stages we are in that I barely talk to them. Yet, I know I can call them up and it'd be the same as always. BUT, I need a friend that I can relate to right now. I need little me to help, because she made friends so easily.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

I grew up with two best friends when I was a kid. Two different periods of my life. I'm married so apart from my husband I hang out with two different women. I don't know if I have a best friend but I love them both.
:techie-studyingbrown:
kamanden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kamanden.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by kamanden »

I think best friends and friendships in general are overrated. I care more about blood relations.
nhiellopez7

Post by nhiellopez7 »

We may be able to have a thousands of friends on social life and social media. But there is only one friend who really has one loyalty on you if you really think about it, that is best friend. My best friend is my best partner for living my life. He knows the characteristic of me, from the outside and even inside of me. Someone who is able to feel my mood. He knows when I feel happy and when I feel very sad. He is also sad when I look sad, and he is also happy when I feel happy. Someone who knows how to respond any kind of my mood, he knows how to comfort me. Someone who is always there for me. He is there when I am happy and he is also there when I feel facing failure. Someone who is able to understand me the most. He is a best friend that I can lean on.
Ugbabe

Post by Ugbabe »

I have many people I'm good friends with. Best friend? No not really, people who know u in and out tend to kill u the most. Call me paranoid but it's cool
nhiellopez7

Post by nhiellopez7 »

Then it is not a real friend at all. You know, a best friend sometimes do bad things cause nothing is perfect right? But in time of sadness a real friend is there to do some advice and encourage you to thrive for it. If your interpretation to a best friend is to kill you in and out, then it is just an enemy trying to conceal his/her identity towards you😉.
Sympathyodeh

Post by Sympathyodeh »

my best friend is one who love me both bad and good time, he who correct me when i'm wrong, he who dont hide his feeling when i wrong he/her.
Afnan 0_o

Post by Afnan 0_o »

Best friend..wards can't give a full meaning..a true friend is there when You need..a true friend who makes You laugh while you're seeing everything dark and wishes the best for You...
Lee-Ann20
Currently Reading: Lovely War
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-ann20.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Lee-Ann20 »

Amagine wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 10:20 I have a pretty good friendships. I always make sure that there is honesty and trust between my friends and I. That was something that Godfredo and Max were missing.
I agree with you Amagine. I don't think Godfredo ever viewed Max as a friend the way Max viewed Godfredo as one. Godfredo used Max for his knowledge and then Paco set him up as the fall guy. This is a very destructive relationship.
Yenipati

Post by Yenipati »

I cant say I'm perfect with friendships but I know one thing that friendhships need trust , communication & much more. I can say that this book was missing the trust part .
Danieloreva22
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Danieloreva22 »

You must not be perfect in friendship but understanding is needed to understand each other you guys can have issue and still come back together because you both understand each other.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

True friendship is a relationship in which friends unconditionally help and respect each other.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”