What is the greatest loss you've ever experienced?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Nichole2580
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the greatest loss you've ever experienced?

Post by Nichole2580 »

I have lost many loved ones in the past but the one that hit me the most was when my grandmother passed away she was my best friend, I feel that I am lost without her.
RTR fatima

Post by RTR fatima »

Well umm everyone is talking about the loss of someone or any person.... But i would like to say that a greatest loss that i have ever experienced is... The loss my inner, my confidence. I was like i am a live dead body. I lost myself and that was the great lost foh me because when i lost myself then i started losing everyone who were close to... I started blsming myself for my loss and for everything that i lost... But now i raised myself and much confident tham before... I know its kind of stupid to talk of it but losing ourelf is also a Greatest Loss😦😓
Sympathyodeh

Post by Sympathyodeh »

The day i lost my uncle is an unforgetable memory, my uncle who i spoke with just last night, the following morning i recieve a phone call that my uncle who is healthy, wealthly and supportive is dead. is a very sad moment for me because he support me physically, emotionally and financially.
Sympathyodeh

Post by Sympathyodeh »

The day i lost my uncle is an unforgetable memory, my uncle who i spoke with just last night, the following morning i recieve a phone call that my uncle who is healthy, wealthly and supportive is dead. is a very sad moment for me because he support me physically, emotionally and financially.
kelsiemaxwell
Currently Reading: Home to the Harbor
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsiemaxwell.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B016PUQWMI

Post by kelsiemaxwell »

My greatest loss is twofold. In July of 1994 my brother died unexpectedly. My father died in December of the same year after a prolonged battle with cancer. My mother, my sisters and I were all devastated by both losses, but more so by my brother’s death, as it was totally unexpected. The loss of my brother was not only a loss for my family, but also a loss for society. My brother was a hematologist. He was the Director of the Sickle Cell Research Center, which was renamed in his honor after his passing, and Associate Dean of the School of Medicine at Duke University in North Carolina. He, and the team that he led, isolated the gene that causes sickle cell disease. Sickle cell disease is a debilitating condition that only affects those of African-American or certain Mediterranean decent, but primary African-Americans. The isolation of the affected gene is the critical step in finding a cure for sickle cell and any other genetic disorder. To date, there is no cure for sickle cell disease. I truly believe that my brother would have discovered the cure or a much more effective treatment by now. I miss my father and brother every single day, even now over two decades later.
“...a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

The biggest loss I have experienced is the loss of my dog. It may seem strange to someone, but for me it was an extremely difficult experience.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”