July Book - My Trip to Adele

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

July Book - My Trip to Adele

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

In My Trip to Adele, Nadia comes out as a remarkable female character. She's the icon of the Women's Liberation Movement. In a culture where women must be silent, she's still very vocal about injustices against women. She bravely proclaims: “No customs or laws or tribes could define me.” She stands up strongly against her ex-husband and reports him to the police for a crime, against the admonition of her family elders to desist from doing so. It'll be good material for women who are stifled to learn self-assertion.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
wahome julius
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by wahome julius »

At first due to the tittle of the book it has created mental picture of maybe the author or the person in writing going a trip to Adele.But after reading the cover story it is about women empowerment. unfortunately it has a short synopsis about how Nadia fights for the women rights.this has created many questions to ask like how finally women after Nadia's struggle treated there after,were they liberated. sincerely it has left a lot of anxiety and curiosity to read the book it seems to be very interesting.
Denise Wallace
Currently Reading: 11:05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denise-wallace.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B01HC0DVM4

Post by Denise Wallace »

I found the storyline featuring Yaser, a husband grasping for a way to save his marriage by taking his wife to an Adele concert, to be quite romantic.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

Yes, I agree, it can definitely help those women who do not know how to assert themselves. But, be warned, there are repercussions to her actions in her oppressive world. Anything that is learned should be taken with a grain of salt or at least students should proceed with caution.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

Nadia was the strongest of the characters in the book. The others seemed to not quite know who they were, whereas she had a strong sense of self, but even she had to struggle with things.
mirian ijeoma
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mirian ijeoma »

The book is full of bravery but it might discourage women submission to there husband then leading to breaking of homes.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

I loved everything about the book. My most loved character was Nadia. She portrayed in her the character a strong woman should possess. She made the book worth reading.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

Nadia was my favourite character in the book, she was strong-minded and independent, and I loved her for that.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”